By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thre needs to be an asterik by Wii Sports Numbers.

Plus, if you look at the Wii price tag it's $250. I look at the Wii console alone being a price tag of $200 and Wii Sports being charged $50. Hence the $250, either way the game is being sold and should be counted.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@nj5

So if I really detest sports games and will never play it, probably wont even take it out of its little cardboard folder... I paid for something I dont even want... and yet that counts as a sale? Even if I opened it and played it and it got very old after the first week... it is still something I may not have wanted to pay for but did....

I still say it hasnt SOLD anything in the west, it is a free non-essential item in the box.... If I say to the guy behind the counter, tell you what keep the wii sports... and he says ok... it is still full price.

Maybe you didn't want to buy it, but you still bought it. If you bought it, it was sold. So it counts as a sale.

How is this so hard to understand?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

xlost8 said:
txrattlesnake said:
xlost8 said:
I thought this game was to show what the Wii is really capable of doing for non-gamers and its suppose to appeal to them into getting the console. After all it is a mainstream console!

It just irks me when I hear people make claims that this game is the greatest system seller and the #1 most sold game of all time.  I think such statements are an affront to the great games of the past including Nintendo games.  In its time Super Mario Bros. would have sold just as many copies unbundled as it did bundled and I suspect the same can't be said for Wii Sports.

eh? no one ever or to my knowledge it never came out my mouth that Wii Sports is the greatest game ever. Just admit that the game is selling even though its not bundled in Japan. Is that enough proof that this game has a high appeal?

Even though its bundled in America, it still goes to show you that in Japan its the top selling game non-bundled.

By the way, this subject has been discussed countless amount of times and its getting pretty ridiculous how every or so month someone just keeps trolling or flaming the fact Wii Sports is not a good game and is bundled.

New Super Mario Bros. on DS has sold over 2.5 million more copies in Japan than Wii Sports and Super Mario Bros. on NES sold over 3.5 million more copies in Japan than Wii Sports.

kowenicki said:
@nrodlead

that is just silly and you know it....

It is a free non-essential item at best... at worst it is a forced sale.

How can anyone argue against that sensibly?

So PS3 Blu-Ray drives shouldn't count towards Blu-Ray installed base?

@txrattlesnake

*Glances at Japanese weekly sales*

Eh? Those numbers are what I'm trying to put in my explanation. Japanese weekly sales show that Wii Sports is selling weekly pretty good. Even though it's ranked 61 this week. This game alone is doing good.

Around the Network

When Wii haters want to downplay Wii Sports sales, it's a forced buy.

When Wii haters want to downplay Wii sales, customers only buy it because of Wii Sports.

@kowenicki: I'm talking about PS3's capability to play movies. Are you saying PS3 drives should not count towards the Blu-Ray movie player installed base, since some people might not use it as a movie player?

@kowenicki: It's forced sales in my opinion. You can say it's meaningless since meaning is a subjective notion, but you can't say it "doesn't count". It counts since forced sales are still sales.

xlost8 said:
Plus, if you look at the Wii price tag it's $250. I look at the Wii console alone being a price tag of $200 and Wii Sports being charged $50. Hence the $250, either way the game is being sold and should be counted.

1) Nintendo doesn't give you an option.

2) Its not worth $50

3) The sales should be counted but we all know its bullshit.

Jaos said:
When Wii haters want to downplay Wii Sports sales, it's a forced buy.

When Wii haters want to downplay Wii sales, customers only buy it because of Wii Sports.

I don't know who could say people buy it only because of Wii Sports.  The Legend of Zelda:  Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes those are reasons to buy it.