By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 18 (04/27/09 - 05/03/09)

so Famitsu has DB Kai opens higher while MC has Persona on top... close competition!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
so Famitsu has DB Kai opens higher while MC has Persona on top... close competition!

Big difference between the two trackers for those two games.

Famitsu:

01. [NDS] Dragon Ball Kai Sayajin Raishyu (Namco Bandai) - 101,000 / NEW
02. [PSP] Persona (Atlus) - 95,000 / NEW
03. [NDS] Made in Ore (Wario Ware) (Nintendo) - 79,000 / NEW
04. [NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (Pokemon Co.)
05. [PS2] Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009 (Konami)
06. [WII] Monster Hunter G (Capcom)
07. [PSP] Tora Dora Portable! (Namco Bandai)
08. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (BEST) (Capcom)
09. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (Nintendo)
10. [WII] Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009 (Konami)

http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/sokuho/1224045_1796.html
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

If Monster hunter G keeps a steady pace it should beat the PS2 version in about 2-4 weeks.

PS3 still on top. Too bad in the rest of the world it is doing awful. I guess that is how it goes for Sony's two most recent game devices.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

PS3 over 23,000 again... Wow, if there's a recession, Japan is left to find out...well, at least Japanese gamers going for such an expensive piece of equipment like the PS3 over the more afordable Wii.. And look at the PS2! Over 9 years and charting, so close to the 360 the recent weeks. But I'm still amazed at "Jikkyou Powerful Major League" on PS2 beating the crap out of the Wii version. There's still hope in Japan.

BKK2 said:
saicho said:

Big difference between the two trackers for those two games.

yup... even Made in Ore has 20,000 units difference...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

I dont know about market share, but Famitsu has more stores in total than Media Create so I'm inclined to believe they are better at least over holidays since the sample covers more representative purchasing patterns.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Not bad for PS3. It looks like jRPGs are going to be announced and pumped out on a regular basis. From what we've seen, it doesn't look like they are too high in budget (esp. NIS games).

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

No Famitsu hardware yet I suppose. But it seems like Wii and PS3 will share another week of negligible differences.

Good software week of course but overall still very low considering what it was 2 years ago. Just not the same the same eh. But good for some DS and PSP software.

Still no return of Oboro Muramasa, I guess it's too late to hope the that a second shipment will make a big difference

beril said:
Still no return of Oboro Muramasa, I guess it's too late to hope the that a second shipment will make a big difference

Or that the second shipment was sent a few weeks ago, and maybe it just isn't in high demand.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.