By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A virtual boy is console or portable?

aww I like my Virtual Boy...

Around the Network

Virtual Boy was awesome and all the haters can die in a fire.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

anything that gave anyone a headache the way the damn virtual boy did, deserves to die. I think nintendo was riding too high on the success of the Gameboy and tried to go all out. Sadly, they should have gauged consumer response before revealing this hell to the public..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

its a.... shiti console...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

The answer is neither. The device in question was designed as a peripheral which during development became a stand alone product. Thus it was not a console, or a portable. In fact it would be defined as a toy. Which believe it or not Nintendo does actually make. That is why it failed it was an expensive toy.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Virtual Boy was awesome and all the haters can die in a fire.

Oh God! I'm burning!

"Help....me! I'm....not gonna make it..."

(Respect to whoever guesses where the line came from)

I'll come up with something better eventually...

coasterlove said:
I don't consider it a portable or console. I'd say it's falls more somewhere between ass and toilet.

This XD  The thing isn't that much portable from what I've seen of it anyway.  It has an ac adapter and it stands on a tripod.  Also, how would you get the goggles to stay around your head >.>

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

I always wish I had a virtual boy. I enjoyed the Mario Tennis game a lot when I played it in the stores. It probably has about 3 or 4 decent games.