By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country Love

First off, I just want to say hi. I signed up here awhile ago and I have been coming here more and more lately so I finally decided to join in on the discussions.

Anyway, I thought it'd be fitting to make my first post about my favorite game series.

My favorite game of all time is Donkey Kong Country 2, and DKC1 and 3 are not far behind. These games came out over 13 years ago, yet I still play them regularly to this day. I cannot get enough.

So, what I want to know is who loves the DKC games as much as I do? What was your favorite of the series? Do you hope for a DKC4 one day?

Show your love for Donkey Kong Country!

Around the Network

DKC2 is one of the best games I ever played. I had such a great time running around in that world. DKC3 fell short, I wish they would have done a better job on it. It felt rushed, and it killed it.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Here's one hoping for a Wiiware DKC 4

I am getting Donkey Kong Country 3 for VC this week.

ctk495 said:
I am getting Donkey Kong Country 3 for VC this week.

Really? Save your cash...

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Around the Network

Yeah, I think 2 is the best and is the only one I owned and beat (though I've played all 3 of them). I love it but haven't played it in awhile.

I remember getting the video about Donkey Kong Country from Nintendo Power.

I guess a DS Donkey Kong Country is possible, I don't know, maybe WiiWare?

Some of the best games I've ever played. And if Rare had decided to release cartridges with just the soundtrack on them and no gameplay, I'd still be saying the same thing.

David Wise FTW!

I still have my Donkey Kong Country VHS tape advertising for the game.

I still wear my Donkey Kong Country t-shirt that I got for pre-ordering the game at Toys R Us.

I still have my glow-in-the-dark plaque for being a store champion at the Blockbuster World Video Game Championships 2 in 1994, for getting the most bananas on the Donkey Kong Country tournament cartridge.

I still have my audio cassette of DK Jamz with the full soundtrack (but now I don't have a cassette player, so I listen to it via .mp3, so damn good).

Love the game.

But my favorite Donkey Kong game is Donkey Kong ('94) on Game Boy, enhanced for Super Game Boy.

My confidence in Nintendo's ability to make great 2D Platformers has went down the drain after that crappy New! Super Mario Bros.

Something tells me I would be better off just playing the classics.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Those were great games. I would probably buy a DKC 4.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)