By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is infuriating; do they want to fail?

The only ones I could see failing to meet peoples sales expectations would be Overlord, indiana jones, and Let's Tap. Does anyone really think Phantom Brave, and LKS were going to sell well anyway.

And actually I have high hopes for REmake. I could see it selling along the lines of House of the dead 2+3.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network

Agreed.

It's insane, and while a lot of those games were never going to sell much (Phantom Brave, Let's Tap, Resident Evil Archives, and....LKS... ) the tennis games are definitely going to cannibalize each other. It's likely the same story for the movie games (although I think Indy will do better than Ghostbusters in the long run). Releasing two Pikmin-esque games back to back isn't doing anyone any favors either...

Little King Story is the only thing on the list I'll be getting. So I'm not that hurt over this.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

I think games that have the best spot on shelfs and heavily ads will sell the most.(At least in the sight of normal consumer.)

Next're high quality games and very well polish but only well known among us.

The rest are "i'll buy when it cheaper".

I hope nice legs will show to these games ,but sadly some'll left behind. :(

Most of them probably don't have very grand ambitions. The only games out of those that are expecting good to great results are probably The Conduit, Grand Slam Tennis, Ghostbusters, and possibly Indiana Jones. The rest are probably expecting mediocre results. Sega should certainly be expecting poor results for Let's Tap by now, and XSeed can't expect Little King's Story to break down any walls...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Many of these titles are probably releasing in June because the release of the Wii MotionPlus should drive a lot of interest back to the Wii ... I suspect that (in many cases) their hope is that the loss of sales due to initial strong competition will be made up over time and their sales arch will be similar to a launch game.

Poor Little Kings Story... it can't see the sunshine anywhere.

@ happy squirrel. actually MMV had really high expetations for LKS, i think it was something alog the lines of 150k for europe and 125k for others and 50k for japan

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
@ happy squirrel. actually MMV had really high expetations for LKS, i think it was something alog the lines of 150k for europe and 125k for others and 50k for japan

Well, it's 1/25th or so of the way there in "Others"....

SaviorX said:

Let me paint the picture for you with a list that speaks for itself:

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

Grand Slam Tennis

Virtua Tennis 2009

Lets Tap

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again

The Conduit

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010

Overlord: Dark Legend