By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I couldn't have said it better myself.

Around the Network

LoL the Colbert Report ref made me smile...

Wasn't this posted a few weeks ago?

lol wat?

So this is satire, just like Colbert... right?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

ROFL!!!!! This thread get's a 10/10.

4 ≈ One

nice

Nice

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

This is old, and it's sad to know that people agree with it too. I've beaten the Robot masters and saved the princess plenty of times myself (though I never fought Tyson) and all I can say is that I'm glad the days of overly difficult, inaccessible games is gone. For every gem on the NES there were at least 20 turds, and it's only nostalgia that helps the insecure "gamer" represented in that comic to forget that fact. The greats have always been few and far between, but what we have seen is fewer games that are absolute trash and more that are average to good. It is now exceptionally rare to throw your controller down in frustration due to a poorly designed game, yet the NES was once filled to the brim with games that were only difficult because you could barely make the game do what you wanted. 

Besides, most of those obscenely hard games were that way either because they were ported from the arcades, where frequent deaths meant more revenues, or because the developers wanted to make it last longer.  Nowadays people complain that a game ONLY lasts 5-6 hours, yet back in the day it was all too common to see game last 5-6 only because you died a million times in what was otherwise only a 45 minute adventure.

Really, I'm glad those days are gone.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

famousringo said:
So this is satire, just like Colbert... right?

I pray the sheer pathetic-ness of this panel in particular gives us the true answer. It's such a sad little panel that it can only indicate satire; you've really got to examine your life if you think these things are really a badge of honor, after all.

But if I'm wrong, it's cool. My generation killed gaming decades ago. The Playstation kids and jocks killed gaming after us. Now its the soccer moms' and grandpas' turn to slay the hobby. Ten years from now, I look forward to hearing how those idiotic pot-belly NASCAR dads are killing gaming. And so the world turns.