By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I Buy A PSP Or A Wii And a DS

Hello, i'm nearly finished my exams for GCSE's (UK) and i'd like to get a new gaming system (i already have a PS3), so i'd like to know, whats better, a  PSP 3000 (new for £137 RRP: £150) or a DS Lite and a Wii (Used for £200 together RRP £280). I've already got a few games in mind for each system. i personally love me PS3 and PS2 and like to see their characters in more games, but i'd like to try something new and i have a feeling the Wii will be the king sooner or later

Games Below (i didn't include games i want to get in the future)

PSP

Secret Agent Clank

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Killzone Liberation

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron

Patapon 2

Resitance: Retribution

LocoRoco 2

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

Daxter

MediEvil Resurrection

Patapon

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops 

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow

LocoRoco

Could Buy If Cheap:

Metal Gear Acid

Metal Gear Acid 2

Space Invaders Extreme

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars

Burnout Dominator

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Final Fantasy Dissidia

LittleBigPlanet

Prinny: Can I really be the hero?

Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 3

Motorstorm: Alaska

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

DS

ninja gaiden dragon sword

Ninjatown

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars 

Pokemon Platinum Version

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

New Super Mario Bros. 

Super Mario 64 DS

Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure 

Mario Kart DS

Sonic Chronicles - The Dark Brotherhood

Chrono Trigger

The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Wii

Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasures 

MadWorld 

Deadly Creatures 

Okami

No More Heroes 

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Super Mario Galaxy

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Super Smash Bros brawl

De Blob

Mario Kart Wii

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Little King's Story

thank you!

Around the Network

200+ posts confirmed.

I bought a Wii and a few DS's. That's what worked for me. Hopefully, with a little research, you'll find what works for you.

When I read you had a PS3 I was gonna skip the rest and say PSP but.. For those prices Wii + DS would be my pick and you do have a nice list of games you're interested in so your not going to be bored by them. They would compliment your PS3 nicely :)

a psp would be more of the dame stuff thats on ps2 and ps3, while the wii and/ or ds have a different experience.

it's really your choice. more of the stuff you know you liked or something new in interesting.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Wii AND DS, versus just the PSP? No contest, go Nintendo.

Looks like you have a good number of games to interest you in all the systems, so I think you won't be disappointed.

I would recommend adding the WiiWare game "World of Goo" to that list, unless you have it for PC or something.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Wii or DS, you cant go wrong

i would buy a DS over a psp any day, but i dont know if you should buy a wii. but definately a DS.

Wii+DS
Definitely

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

Either is worth it on its own, so...

Especially with those massive game lists you want.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

buy a PSP and a DS.

DS have:

-Puzzle

-Point and click (PSP dont have point and click with GOOD story like hotel dusk)

-RPG

-Nintendo games (Mario kart, Mario 64 DS, new super mario, Kirby, Yoshi island and soon will have mario tennis), seriously, i love nintendo games, they are fun.

-The best musical games (Ouendan 1 & 2, EBA, etc)

PSP have:

-Soccer

-Racing games (the DS dont have good racing games, you will need a psp for this)

-Action games

-Fight games (the DS dont have good fight games, you will need a psp for this)

will be balanced in this form