By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM Punch Out review

They gave it 91%, saying it was the best in the series.  Also referred to a nice surprise at the end but that they were sworn to secrecy on it.  No mention of balance board support, though the advert for the game on the back clearly shows the logo for it.

Around the Network

That's a very decent score..

Can't wait to play it!

I'll wait until I see another magazine/site review. I don't pay attention to the 'Official Magazine' scores.
That being said, Edge gave it a very very positive preview this month. I can see them giving it 8, possibly 9 if the game fills the potential they felt in the preview build.

Anything 'Official' is suspect.

I sure hope the game is good though. It'll be interesting to read what the swedish critics has to say about it. I loved the original Punch Out.

This is invisible text!

That's nice, but can you provide any scans of the review? I'm more interested in actually reading the review rather than just looking at a score.

I LIKE REDMOON ONLINE. IT'S TEH MOST AWESOMEST MMORPG. RUNESCAPE HAS NOTHING ON IT. ;) My full Videogame collection (Well, not really that full): http://www.backloggery.com/marktheshark I'LL COOL YOUR ANGER WITH AN ICE SPIRIT BLAST!!!!111111!!!!!!111!!!!1!!! List of vg studios that've been shut down this generation: Digital Anvil Headfirst Productions Frog City Software (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Indie Built (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Wolfpack Studios Core Design (Subsiduary of Eidos) Rockstar Vienna/neo Software Produktions GmbH (Subsidiary of Rockstar Games) Clover Studios (Subsiduary of Capcom) Sidecar Studios Flagship (Subsiduary of Capcom) FASA Studio Nihon Telenet EA Chicago aka NufX (Subsiduary of EA) Kush Games (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Concrete Games (Subsiduary of THQ?) Iron Lore Entertainment Carbonated Games Stormfront Studios Pseudo Interactive PAM Development (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Venom Games (Subsiduary of Take-Two) Castaway Entertainment Flagship Studios Pivotal Games (Subsiduary of Eidos) Sierra Entertainment (Subsiduary of Activison) Helixe (Subsiduary of THQ) Mass Media (Subsiduary of THQ) Locomotive Games (Subsiduary of THQ) Paradigm Entertainment (Subsiduary of THQ) Sandblast Games (Subsiduary of THQ) Brash Entertainment Jaleco (Assets sold to Game Yarou) MS Aces Rockpool Games (Subsiduary of Eidos) Seta Corporation Humanature Studio (Subsiduary of Nexon) Ensemble Studios Straylight Studios 3D Realms GameLab Factor 5 America's Army Studio The Fizz Factor (Subsiduary of Amaze Entertainment) GRIN Software Bottlerocket Entertainment Shaba Studios (Subsiduary of Activision) Transmission Games Pandemic Studios Ninja Studio Fuzzyeyes Studio Near Death Studios Deep Silver Vienna (Subsidiary of Deep Silver) Incognito Entertainment (Subsiduary of SCEA) Matahari Studios (Subsiduary of Kuju?) Luxoflux (Subsiduary of Activison) Underground Development (Subsiduary of Activison) Red Octane (Subsiduary of Activison) Universomo (Subsiduary of THQ) Cing Zushi Games Javaground Silver Style Entertainment Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment Secret Level (Subsiduary of Sega) Ninja Studio Monte Cristo Cavia Flight-Plan Sparkplay Media Realtime Worlds Gaia Krome Studios Budcat Creations NetDevil Outerlight Propaganda Games (Subsiduary of Disney Interactive) MTV Games Bizarre Creations 7 Studios (Subsiduary of Activision) Pi Studios Cohort Studios Frozen North Productions Killaware Game Republic Titan Studios (Subsidiary of Epic Games China) Kaos Studios (Subsidiary of THQ?) THQ Digital Warrington (Subsidiary of THQ) Blue Tongue (Subsidiary of THQ) Black Rock Studio (Subsidiary of Disney Interactive) Blue Fang Team Bondi Darkworks Multiverse Monumental Games Bigbig Studios (Subsidiary of Sony) Hudson Soft (Subsidiary of Konami) Spellbound Entertainment Zipper Interactive (Subsidiary of Sony) 4mm Games 38 Studios Big Huge Games (Subsidiary of 38 Studios) Rockstar Vancouver/Barking Dog Studios (Subsidiary of Rockstar Games) Radical Entertainment (Subsidiary of Activision) SCE Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis (Subsidiary of SCE World wide Studios) Project Sora (Subsidiary of Nintendo) Black Hole Entertainment Paragon Studios (Subsidiary of NCsoft) Crave Entertainment Eurocom THQ Vigil Games (Subsidiary of THQ) Junction Point Studios Milestone Inc. Lucasarts Eden Games (Subsidiary of Atari) Silicon Knights Timegate Studios EA Phenomic (Subsidiary of EA) Blitz Games Neverland Ea Black Box (Subsidiary of EA) Terminal Reality Two Tribes B.V. Irrational Games Maxis (Subsidiary of EA)

Around the Network
Killergran said:

I sure hope the game is good though. It'll be interesting to read what the swedish critics has to say about it. I loved the original Punch Out.

ONM is actually pretty good in terms of scoring, plus what i like about their reviews is just they only compare titles to other products on Ninty consoles which does seem fair, they dont bash out 100's (or really high 90's) like Official Xbox or Playstation magazines tend to do with all hyped games.

Asriel said:
I'll wait until I see another magazine/site review. I don't pay attention to the 'Official Magazine' scores.
That being said, Edge gave it a very very positive preview this month. I can see them giving it 8, possibly 9 if the game fills the potential they felt in the preview build.

ONM do tend to overscore games but if you actually read their reviews rather than just skip to the score you'll find that they write some of the best out there.

Lolcislaw said:
Killergran said:

ONM is actually pretty good in terms of scoring, plus what i like about their reviews is just they only compare titles to other products on Ninty consoles which does seem fair, they dont bash out 100's (or really high 90's) like Official Xbox or Playstation magazines tend to do with all hyped games.

And people tell me ONM are biased and they seldom give games 92%+. They are honest and they give a game what they deserve.  I don't think they've compared ONM to xbox or playstation magazines.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

@ ZZetaAlec

It isn't just the review scores, I don't really like the whole tone of official mags, that goes for the Xbox/PS ones too. I prefer multi-format sites and mags, and usually refer to a fairly wide range of reviews. Considering what you said, if I get the oppertunity, I might read the ONM review. Do they come up online?

Nintendogamer said:
Lolcislaw said:
Killergran said:

And people tell me ONM are biased and they seldom give games 92%+. They are honest and they give a game what they deserve.  I don't think they've compared ONM to xbox or playstation magazines.

And who's to say that Playstation and X-box magazines don't give out deserved scores? You? There are a lot of very good games on the HD consoles as well, perhaps ONM are too strict with the Wii game scores?