By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Facebook or Twitter

SJGohan3972 said:
I never understood the appeal of either although I didn't do the myspace thing when it was big either - I just don't see the reason to "make friends" with people online - your never going to meet them in real life (hopefully) so who gives a shit what they think?

Well, twitter isn't actually a social networking site.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

I seriously don't understand the fondness of twitter. Its only one tiny portion of all the facebook gives you. I can go on facebook right now and post to everyone that I am nerdily talking on a videogame sales website. Plus, I can play phpDiplomacy (I'm SuperChunk there too) and various other games of all types.

I just don't get it.

If you tweet please tell me why? Why you waste your time on such a pointless site?

Ooh, I also use phpDiplomacy (nickname Scottie). Am on right now pwning some n00bs

In conclusion, faceboon >>>> twitter

Facebook.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

SJGohan3972 said:
I never understood the appeal of either although I didn't do the myspace thing when it was big either - I just don't see the reason to "make friends" with people online - your never going to meet them in real life (hopefully) so who gives a shit what they think?

I only use MySpace for people I've met in real life. We announce travel plans and stuff so we know who's back in town during holidays. I advertise for my band's shows once every few years when we're all in the same state and can play. We just organize parties and movie nights and stuff on there. And we have a haiku group on there.

I'm not friends with celebrities and people I haven't met in real life. I'm not gonna follow Ashton Kutcher around on Twitter or anything.

xlost8 said:
^^You have a Facebook account?

I do.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I wonder why americans and british people prefer facebook over hi5.

They both just want to steal your personal info. but to answer your question, facebook

One thing that I really hate about Facebook is that many applications made for it by users try to force you to send them to other people on your friends list.

scottie said:
superchunk said:

I seriously don't understand the fondness of twitter. Its only one tiny portion of all the facebook gives you. I can go on facebook right now and post to everyone that I am nerdily talking on a videogame sales website. Plus, I can play phpDiplomacy (I'm SuperChunk there too) and various other games of all types.

I just don't get it.

If you tweet please tell me why? Why you waste your time on such a pointless site?

Ooh, I also use phpDiplomacy (nickname Scottie). Am on right now pwning some n00bs

In conclusion, faceboon >>>> twitter

scottie huh. Are you on .net or the facebook application or like me, both.

myspace> facebook in my opinion

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!