By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Facebook or Twitter

Paperdiego said:
Neoraf said:
None of them.

IMO these are for teenagers.

except... the majority of facebook users are college students, most of them being in there 20's

after all, facebook started as an exclusive harvard networking system. then went ivy league school only ,

expanding to standofrod and yale..

My mother and grandmother use facebook.

Around the Network
Mr.Y said:
superchunk said:
Mr.Y said:

I can't read anything on Facebook without signing up, right?

true. Then as a user you have complete control over who can see what.

So they serve two completely different functions and there isn't a real reason in trying to compare them?

I don't use either, but I can atleast read things on twitter.

No, Twitters is a subset function of Facebook. You can have an open account on Facebook that any other Facebook user can see. Plus to participate in either site you must be a member.

superchunk said:
Mr.Y said:
superchunk said:
Mr.Y said:

I can't read anything on Facebook without signing up, right?

true. Then as a user you have complete control over who can see what.

So they serve two completely different functions and there isn't a real reason in trying to compare them?

No, Twitters is a subset function of Facebook. You can have an open account on Facebook that any other Facebook user can see. Plus to participate in either si te you must be a member.

you dont have to have an account on twitter to see twitter feeds.. 

http://twitter.com/ObamaNews

hello how are you.

Facebook.

I have a Myspace and Facebook account. I don't understand twitter at all. I try to keep one socialize site like Myspace or Facebook and one gaming forum and that is VGChartz.

Around the Network

Facebook for me. Twitter just seems kinda pointless. It's just a glorified RSS feed.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^^You have a Facebook account?

superchunk said:
Mr.Y said:

No, Twitters is a subset function of Facebook. You can have an open account on Facebook that any other Facebook user can see. Plus to participate in either site you must be a member.

I can read stuff on twitter without having a twitter account just fine.

They don't really serve the same purpose, one is like a networked scrapbook while the other is like news ticker, one is for communicating with a small group of people while the other is for broadcasting to the masses.

I use MySpace for real friends and VGChartz for internet people.

I never understood the appeal of either although I didn't do the myspace thing when it was big either - I just don't see the reason to "make friends" with people online - your never going to meet them in real life (hopefully) so who gives a shit what they think?

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.