By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If it does end up being Forza vs GT5 at Christmas (I know how original)

yo_john117 said:
twingo said:
yo_john117 said:
Killzowned said:
Gran Turismo will destroy Forza in sales and quality.

you don't know that...

But given what history shows GT being of higher quality is the educated guess. 

Yamauchi is a perfectionist.

2. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 4 (2005) 89 
Sony Computer Entertainment America

3. Playstation 3: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (2008) 80 
Sony Computer Entertainment

6. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 4: Prologue (2004) 70 

what? >_>

WOW 2 prologues ang an 89, reaching are you not? Unless your trying to be funny of course.

-_-

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
twingo said:
yo_john117 said:
Killzowned said:
Gran Turismo will destroy Forza in sales and quality.

you don't know that...

But given what history shows GT being of higher quality is the educated guess. 

Yamauchi is a perfectionist.

2. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 4 (2005) 89 
Sony Computer Entertainment America

3. Playstation 3: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (2008) 80 

6. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 4: Prologue (2004) 70 

5. Playstation 3: Gran Turismo HD Concept (2006) 82 

9. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo Concept 2002: Tokyo-Geneva (2002) 74 
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

what? >_>

Gran Turismo (1998) 96

Gran Turismo 2 (1999) 93

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (2001) 95

Anyway...

Unless Forza 3 has two and half million bundles like the last game, I doubt it'll sell even half as much as Prologue.

I don't know why people are saying destroy for Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5. Destroy for me is someone doing a KZ2 vs Halo 3 sales comparison where the difference is between 4-5* total sales between them.

As for sales numbers, I expect Forze 3 to sell between 3-4 million LTD and Gran Turismo to sell between 6-8M LTD.

My reasoning is that Forza 2 has already released and captured a greater proportion of the more casual racing fans who may never feel the need to buy another sim for a long time for Forza 3 numbers.

For GT5 the userbase is much smaller, some of the fans are quite happy with their Xbox 360 and Forza 2/3 already and the PS3's sales aren't growing as quickly. Also I don't think Sony will bundle the game as quickly as some previous iterations.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I don't know why people are saying destroy for Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5. Destroy for me is someone doing a KZ2 vs Halo 3 sales comparison where the difference is between 4-5* total sales between them.

As for sales numbers, I expect Forze 3 to sell between 3-4 million LTD and Gran Turismo to sell between 6-8M LTD.

My reasoning is that Forza 2 has already released and captured a greater proportion of the more casual racing fans who may never feel the need to buy another sim for a long time for Forza 3 numbers.

For GT5 the userbase is much smaller, some of the fans are quite happy with their Xbox 360 and Forza 2/3 already and the PS3's sales aren't growing as quickly. Also I don't think Sony will bundle the game as quickly as some previous iterations.

You don't think selling twice as much as a game is destroying in sales?  I don't know what to tell you then.

I think GT5 will probably end up doubling the Forza 3 sales, give or take a couple percent.

Around the Network

Sadley, whether GT5 is good or not the chances of it outselling Forza are pretty one sided. Polyphony has made very tight bonds with the car industry, and because of that the marketing for the game will just be to powerful for Forza to over come.

When you havee coverage in every magazine known to the car industry that is what gives GT a larger userbase to sell to then Forza. Thanks to the massive number of cars and manufacturers GT has something for everyone, and that is why it can reach so far. So to those that bitch about having all those useless cars, theres the reason. Buying loyalty by giving advertising space for Ford Tarus, Suzuki Capachinos.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Yeah GT is well known through the car industry to the point that manufacturers beg Yamauchi to put their cars in his game. That is another reason why damage is so hard to put into GT games, he wants it realistic and also does not pay a penny to have the cars in the game due to it esentially being free advertising.

I wonder if Sony will actually advertise this game, even the crappy advertising company Sony use would just need to flash "GT5" logo for 30 seconds with a pretty car and job done.

Unless Microsoft bundled it with every 360 and again dominates the PS3 this holiday season. GT has this one on lock.

GT, by a long way. Perhaps even double Forza 3's sales.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Forza will outsell Gran Turismo by at least 2:1.

Or maybe it's the opposite. I always get my names confused.