By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I figured out why microsoft is holding back games!

I highly doubt you're correct. Microsoft has every intention of riding out PS3's hype in 2009. Microsoft is actually betting on a PS3 price cut, so they can cut their price as well. At some time this year the 360 will get another $50 price cut, so whether Sony does it or not, Microsoft will strike. You're right about one thing, and that is Microsoft holding back on talking about games; however, what you should've asked...is until when...and were. Now...the most important part which you forgot about which pertains to games.....is E3. In conclusion....this post fails.

Around the Network

That or because they don't have any new games? They can't afford to just keep buying companies and paying for exclusives. They may actually have to come up with a couple new games like Sony does and Nintendo used to do.

lmao thats funny

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Dr.KennethNoisewater said:
That or because they don't have any new games? They can't afford to just keep buying companies and paying for exclusives. They may actually have to come up with a couple new games like Sony does and Nintendo used to do.

Sony doesn't come up with new games....Nintendo does. Sony and Microsoft have to pay devs to create games for them. In addition, if Nintendo doesn't completely make a first party title, they give ideas to the companies, because Nintendo is actually a game company. How do you know that Microsoft doesn't have any new games? You don't. Does a company have to give away all of their cards to be valued? I respect silence, because thats what E3 is all about....surprises. Microsoft didn't even really pay so much for exclusives. As you can see they have a pretty good installed base and that drew profit hungry third party away from exclusivity with Sony, much like how a couple gens ago Sony took 3rd party away from Nintendo.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony doesn't come up with new games....Nintendo does. Sony and Microsoft have to pay devs to create games for them. In addition, if Nintendo doesn't completely make a first party title, they give ideas to the companies, because Nintendo is actually a game company. How do you know that Microsoft doesn't have any new games? You don't. Does a company have to give away all of their cards to be valued? I respect silence, because thats what E3 is all about....surprises. Microsoft didn't even really pay so much for exclusives. As you can see they have a pretty good installed base and that drew profit hungry third party away from exclusivity with Sony, much like how a couple gens ago Sony took 3rd party away from Nintendo.

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica, Poluphony, etc all belong to Sony. So yeah, Sony does come up with new games (Uncharted, InFamous, God Of War, etc)

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

That's a interesting perspective from the OP. Not far from my own perspective. I believe that microsoft is holding back exclusives in order to make sure that sony stays in the race. Sony is in the worst situation they've ever been in since joining the console wars with the PS1. Knowing that competition is good for them, Microsoft clearly wants Sony to stay in the console race with them.

That's my opinion, see! Microsoft and Sony fanboys CAN be friends. Just think of all the multiplatform games you share.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

NightstrikerX said:
That's a interesting perspective from the OP. Not far from my own perspective. I believe that microsoft is holding back exclusives in order to make sure that sony stays in the race. Sony is in the worst situation they've ever been in since joining the console wars with the PS1. Knowing that competition is good for them, Microsoft clearly wants Sony to stay in the console race with them.

That's my opinion, see! Microsoft and Sony fanboys CAN be friends. Just think of all the multiplatform games you share.

yah! thats what iv been saying, we can team up against the wii!!!

infamous8 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica, Poluphony, etc all belong to Sony. So yeah, Sony does come up with new games (Uncharted, InFamous, God Of War, etc)

You just named individual companies names...come on man...give them their due. Name a Sony game made by Sony or one from Microsoft. You can't...can you? Bioware is owned by EA, but when they make a game it says Bioware on the helm...not EA. Come on, you can do better than that.

I'm going to call you "toasted" boy44562 from now on.

d21lewis said:
I'm going to call you "toasted" boy44562 from now on.

wait, so r u gonna call me toasted or boy44562?