By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo will take the Sony route.

They wont cut the price this year.
Infact, i bet the first pricecut will be next Easter.
Colours for Christmas, and plenty of big games for 2010...

SO yeah, kinda like 08... but with colour!!

Around the Network

Sony is taking nintendo's route. The signs are appearing. The stage is on the N64. It'll progress. Their not losing major third party support though. Just losing exclusives

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

One_touch_KO said:
Nintendo won't take the Sony route. They make profit. Sony don't.

This man knows his stuff!!!

jonnhytesta said:

ninty like profit too much. they should use part of that profit to make better third party games . for the fanboys who bought the 64 and the gamecube and save ninty arsh when they were being rape by sony. do you remember them ninty.

ROFL..... they dont make 3rd party games.......funnily enough 3rd parties do that themselves......

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

jonnhytesta said:

ninty like profit too much. they should use part of that profit to make better third party games . for the fanboys who bought the 64 and the gamecube and save ninty arsh when they were being rape by sony. do you remember them ninty.

I bought the N64 because it had Yoshi Story XD That was when I was 10 and was looking for a fun game. Then Super Mario 64, then Banjo-Kazooie~

Then I got the GCN for Super Smash Bros. Melee, and others. The systems have just the games I like on it. Sorry, but most of the games on the other consoles don't fancy me. I like Banjo-Kazooie, still, but the Xbox 360 version of the 'third game' isn't true to its roots, and I actually do like God of War since I watched and played a bit of it back in 2007 when I was at a 4-year university with my friends. And no, Nintendo has always had a better business plan on their hardware and software. Sony's was to make an expensive console and expect to make back the dough through software sales, which is not happening right now.

Around the Network

I've never understood the console colour phenomenon. If I already have a console I ain't gonna buy another one just because it has a different colour. And as for charging MORE for a different colour, this is just taking the piss quite frankly.

So with sales increases resulting from colours does that mean people have been holding off buying a console until the right colour comes out, or are there really that many suckers people who will shell out extra money for absolutely no practical benefit?

Same thing goes for slimline consoles from my perspective. Without some extra functionality why replace std size with slimline? Esp. if it comes with a honking great external brick.

How many of you who own a (fully functioning) Wii/PS3/360 will be buying a colour console of exactly the same (or lesser in the case of launch PS3 comparison, or colour Arcade 360 vs owned Pro/Elite) functionality?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

got people should be asking for price cuts... but for nintendo it's weird.
price cuts are good for the costumer.