By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - REDSTEEL 2 WILL BE CEL-SHADED

Oh MAN!!!! im a sucker for cell shading! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

Seems like the sort of game where it'd make sense.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I think it looks promising. However, I really don't see why they're still calling it Red Steel.

Why do people keep saying this?

COD:MW was still COD but it was not in WW2! why did they keep the name there?

Assassins Creed 2 is going to be in the renesance! why is it still called assassins creed?

SMG is in 3D and its in space why is it still a super mario?

ect.....

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Finnbar said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I think it looks promising. However, I really don't see why they're still calling it Red Steel.

Assassins Creed 2 is going to be in the renesance! why is it still called assassins creed?

ect.....

Because CoD was the 4th part in a franchise. Assassin's Creed established right off the bat that we'd be visiting different places in different installations of the franchise, since we were living through a guy's ancestor's memory. Mario is the same as it's always been, and the same character, and everything, so that isn't valid either way.

This game is nothing like the first one except for using a gun and a sword. Also, when Ubisoft themselves are outright calling it a reboot, that means it has no relation to the previous game in any way. It just doesn't make sense for it to be called Red Steel 2, really.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Finnbar said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

ect.....

Because CoD was the 4th part in a franchise. Assassin's Creed established right off the bat that we'd be visiting different places in different installations of the franchise, since we were living through a guy's ancestor's memory. Mario is the same as it's always been, and the same character, and everything, so that isn't valid either way.

This game is nothing like the first one except for using a gun and a sword. Also, when Ubisoft themselves are outright calling it a reboot, that means it has no relation to the previous game in any way. It just doesn't make sense for it to be called Red Steel 2, really.

If its a reboot I would suggest calling it the Incredible Redsteel. I didnt know it was supposed to be a reboot of the franchise. Oh and about COD it may be a 4th part but the only similarities are the name and that you use guns...kinda like redsteel 2 will be. The other ones you got me on! glares~

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

Looks very promising.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Finnbar said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Finnbar said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

ect.....

If its a reboot I would suggest calling it the Incredible Redsteel. I didnt know it was supposed to be a reboot of the franchise. Oh and about COD it may be a 4th part but the only similarities are the name and that you use guns...kinda like redsteel 2 will be. The other ones you got me on! glares~

I commend you for admitting you were wrong on those points, very few people do that nowadays. And I admit I don't really have anything to say about Call of Duty 4 ... I suppose that may be why Modern Warfare 2 has dropped the whole "Call of Duty" from the title. So I guess we were both wrong on some of our points :p

this is good...cell shading hides the blockiness...

disolitude said:
this is good...cell shading hides the blockiness...

Suda51, is that you!?!

I agree.

Cel-shaded futuristic Western cowboy with a sword...alright, I can get behind that. No multi, though...

waron said:
it's kinda sad that they abandoned asian location this time i would love to play in cell shaded Tokyo/other japanese city.

What about the third game? They could do it there.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs