By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Life on earth: a fluke or inevitability?

@Rath

True since if we were to believe that the big bang is anatural proccess that occurs once in a while it would automaticaly mean the end of everything since all of the known materia would be compressed into a raging ball of gas and fire only to burst free once more making a restart of the whole proccess.

Only thing is, we probably won't be around anymore to even see if this is true or not :P. And besides that....i wonder what is outside the universe that's expanding? We say that the furthest reaches of space are nothingness since nothing exists there, so what do we call the space that will be flooded by our expanding universe?

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Around the Network

@yanamaster.

I think its not space outside of our universe. Space-time is within the universe.

I think that for our four (inc. time) dimensional world to expand it must expand into a five dimensional world, I swear I've heard that before, I think it was the royal societies Christmas lectures.