By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any idea on how Heavely Sword is doing in this first few days of sales?

FishyJoe said:
If Amazon is any indicator

It isn't.

I would like to see it do either Motorstorm or Resistance numbers. Heavenly Sword needs to do good to set a precedent for other upcoming AAA PS3 games this fall. 

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
If Amazon is any indicator, it hasn't been doing all that hot. Every time I've looked it's been at #10 or below.

Warhawk was 22 on day one and still manage to sell more than 100k.

150K +

or I will be very disappointed

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I predict somewhere around 200,000.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

FishyJoe said:
If Amazon is any indicator, it hasn't been doing all that hot. Every time I've looked it's been at #10 or below.

Yes number 10 on video games, outsold only by 4 games, MP 3, Bioshock and Halo 3.

Not a good sign at all lol...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
FishyJoe said:

Yes number 10 on video games, outsold only by 4 games, MP 3, Bioshock and Halo 3.

Not a good sign at all lol...

Perhaps....except MP3 and Bioshock are in their 3rd and 4th weeks now...

I predict around a 140k debut, and it will be beaten in sales by Skate, but won't experience much of a drop, reach 400k quickly, and have long enough legs for 1 million.

180/200k

My eb did not have many copies, unless shipment was small.

Over 100k for sure.

With good legs.

Region......Week1.....Week2.......Week3.......Week4.
NA.............200k.......180k..........140k..........115k.
EU/PAL......180k.......155k..........130k..........100k.
JPN.............30k.........25k............18k.............14k.(When it releases).
TOTAL........410k.......360k..........288k..........229k.

Total in Total over 4 weeks WW:1,287k
Without JPN because it releases later:1200k

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I think it's very funny how people are pointing out the Amazon sales without taking into consideration that the pre-orders don't stack up to add to their hourly (or however often they do it) count. Yeah, it's selling less than some games that are a month old. It also probably started selling over a month ago. For all that Amazon indicates it could be a massive bomb or the number one game of the week.

You do not have the right to never be offended.