By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ninteno Wii's future....Not so bright

W29 said:
BlueOcean4ever said:
CKmlb is an objective mod, so if he says the PS3 will win, it has to be true. Watch yourself or you'll get banned Nintendo fanboy.

First call me Nintendo and Microsoft fanboy and also if I'm not mistaken your in a Nintendo Discussion not Sony.

The truth is the truth regardless the thread. 4.8 million PS3 owners can't be wrong. And those numbers don't lie.

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:
I really, really wish people would stop spreading the results of one asinine poll around. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that polling is often flawed. Here are somethings that should be looked at that can severely change the results of the poll:

Who asked the question/Who was asked
How, or where, did the polling take place
How was the question phrased
What constitutes ownership

These alone make the results pretty shaky. If I "owned" a GC that I bought solely for my child to use and I own a Wii that I use am I somehow not part of this expanded market?

If my mother was asked if she owned a previous generation console, unless specified as PS2/Xbox/Gamecube she might say yes because she owned an Atari way back in the day (though she now owns my old Gamecube so she can play the Zelda and Resident Evil games on it).

If it was asked by the staff of The Economist the results would vary widely if EGM asked it or if the NY Times asked it. And even if it was the Times, it could be a massively different answer if they asked their readers or if they asked people in the street. And yet another answer would occur if they asked it online.

There are further issues on this matter, such as whether or not "foreigners" were asked (as market expansion could be higher/lower in another country). Really, it's a crap shoot. The results are anecdotal at best and completely bogus at worst.

Nintendo's marketing staff and sales are a much, much better indicator of who is buying the Wii. If Nintendo says it's expanding the audience, it's because they have done their own research and found that they are indeed expanding the market.

Agreed and good analysis.

bluocean4ever is not trolling. That poster's comments give clues they are just parodies of comments made against the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

This is a public service announcement.

BlueOcean4ever is being sarcastic in his/her posts. This user may or may not be gball. For further proof, just click the user's name and see his/her other posts. Please do not take any future posts from this user seriously and do not get your panties in a bunch.

Thanks you.

Timmah! said:
This is a public service announcement.

BlueOcean4ever is (probably) gball (or another previously banned user). Please ignore all further posts from this user, as they are all sarcastic, flaimbait, or trolling. For further proof, just click the user's name and see his/her other posts.

Thanks you.

Just getting reading to say that and the user that is the name of BlueOcean4ever is getting ignored in 5,4,3,2,1.....

Around the Network

You can ignore me but you can't ignore the PS3 winning this.

Yes we can.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

The Wii sales will increase again when more good games come out. I would like to know the percentage of causal gamers the Wii has and if its lower then what people expected?

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
BlueOcean4ever said:
Exactly, Nintendo sales are dissapearing, Sony's sales have only been increasing, I mean at this rate the Wii will only be selling twice the number the PS3s is in a year or so.

QFT.

BlueOcean4ever said:
You can ignore me but you can't ignore the PS3 winning this.

WOW all 32 of your posts are from this past week. I'm really starting to see a pattern with you. Hello Gballzack!