By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ninteno Wii's future....Not so bright

BlueOcean4ever is just a doofus. Don't feed the smelly trolls!

Around the Network
BlueOcean4ever said:
Obvioulsy only Gamecube owners buy Wii's, this has to be true because its a Nintendo product.

Thats not necessarily true, I'm a owner of a Xbox 360 and PSP, and I'm looking into buying a Wii now. So technically your wrong with that statement, maybe you should troll along Sony lane or off Topic intersection to feel more comfortable. Thanks :P

Either way the PS3 is going to win, Ckmlb says so and he's a mod, so this is a fight you really can't win.

For all who think the Wii will die, read this:

Fils-Aime: Wii Supply Increasing for Holidays
But he warns the console will still be hard to find.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/820/820293p1.html

BlueOcean4ever said:
Either way the PS3 is going to win, Ckmlb says so and he's a mod, so this is a fight you really can't win.

WOOOOOOOOOW!...that was priceless.

Around the Network
BlueOcean4ever said:

lol....well you put the mod in your little dispute....lol....what mikey said priceless!!!!!

CKmlb is an objective mod, so if he says the PS3 will win, it has to be true. Watch yourself or you'll get banned Nintendo fanboy.

BlueOcean4ever said:
CKmlb is an objective mod, so if he says the PS3 will win, it has to be true. Watch yourself or you'll get banned Nintendo fanboy.

First call me Nintendo and Microsoft fanboy and also if I'm not mistaken your in a Nintendo Discussion not Sony.

It would be awesome if you got banned by cklmb

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I really, really wish people would stop spreading the results of one asinine poll around. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that polling is often flawed. Here are somethings that should be looked at that can severely change the results of the poll:

Who asked the question/Who was asked
How, or where, did the polling take place
How was the question phrased
What constitutes ownership

These alone make the results pretty shaky. If I "owned" a GC that I bought solely for my child to use and I own a Wii that I use am I somehow not part of this expanded market?

If my mother was asked if she owned a previous generation console, unless specified as PS2/Xbox/Gamecube she might say yes because she owned an Atari way back in the day (though she now owns my old Gamecube so she can play the Zelda and Resident Evil games on it).

If it was asked by the staff of The Economist the results would vary widely if EGM asked it or if the NY Times asked it. And even if it was the Times, it could be a massively different answer if they asked their readers or if they asked people in the street. And yet another answer would occur if they asked it online.

There are further issues on this matter, such as whether or not "foreigners" were asked (as market expansion could be higher/lower in another country). Really, it's a crap shoot. The results are anecdotal at best and completely bogus at worst.

Nintendo's marketing staff and sales are a much, much better indicator of who is buying the Wii. If Nintendo says it's expanding the audience, it's because they have done their own research and found that they are indeed expanding the market.

You do not have the right to never be offended.