By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty 4

COD 4 blows away HALO 3 in any single way. Graphics are stunning, multiplayer (beta) rocks....it has more realistic look than Halo 3 but guess what? It wont sell as good as Halo3, because of tha major over hype.

Around the Network

1. Got me

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

5. No.

And i'll add however that i want it far more then Halo 3 and it's the second shooter i want to play the most behind Umbrella Chronicles.

cod4 is not on the wii? Why is that? Cod 3 was on the wii... I wasnt aware of this..

mM

This game looks great and there is a podcast at 1up that talks about the game. But this game will fail to halo3 in everyway. I can't wait to play it on PS3.

leo-j said:
cod4 is not on the wii? Why is that? Cod 3 was on the wii... I wasnt aware of this..

Have you seen the crazy graphics and stuff they are doing on COD 4? That's the reason why it's not on Wii.

Also where the hell did it get a 7.5? It's not even out for two months, who already reviewed it? 

1. 3 million lifetime sales don't seem impossible, probably higher if you count PC too, I'll say 1-1.5 million sales this year alone across 360 and PS3. Next to Halo and Orange Box, this will be the biggest selling FPS this year. Call of Duty has a huge fan base and the newest one is a massive jump in the series and a huge change of direction.

2. Yes. From what I've seen of it, the multiplayer looks amazing, very Battlefield-y stuff and that's my favorite multiplayer shooter ever. I played the Halo 3 beta but haven't played the COD 4 beta, but it seems to be a lot better in my opinion.

3. No idea, so maybe.

4. Yes, I would be surprised if the average of all reviews is lower than a 90%, I expect EGM, Gamespot, IGN, Game Informer to all give it in the 9s and probably 10s on 1up/EGM.

5. Have not played the beta.

Soriku clearly doesn't know anything about this game if you think it will sell less than a million in its lifetime on both PS3 and 360, COD 3 which was the worse call of duty game by far has crossed 1 million on 360 alone, like 300k on PS3 and Wii each that's 1.6 million on that game alone. This Call of Duty will blow it away in every single way, both in reviews and sales.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Penny Arcade's update today basically describes what I was trying to say:

"It took a third night of playing the Call of Duty 4 Beta for everything to sink in, but it's pretty much official: they know what the fuck they're doing. A shooter can't merely be great to come out this holiday, and even amazing might be insufficient. To go against the previously described fucking unstoppable media phalanx - to say nothing of Halo 3 itself, whose multiplayer offering is so broad on every axis that it must be called round - you need to drop something that be off the cheazy.

There are shooters that play with progression to varying degrees. Battlefield 2142 does, but the infantry experience is one part of a whole. Rainbow Six: Vegas does, but its reward scheme is largely cosmetic in nature, and takes place outside of the game proper - between rounds, in austere menus. CoD4's leveling has the sharp inhalation of a WoW ding. It takes place right there at the moment you earn the XP from a kill, with an onscreen celebration of the fact. The reward structure earns you new playmodes, new weapons, new slottable abilities, the right to build custom classes, the right to wear a clan tag. You don't need to wait long to earn them, the schedule is not cruel, but you need to put in your dues. It's not an onerous process: in order to level up, you must simply play Call of Duty 4. Trust me when I say this is something you will want to do."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yeah the customization for an FPS is ridiculously awesome.

I thought Warhawk might be my next Battlefield 2, but I think this one will be it. It is really pushing everything so far.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Just in response to #5, I've been playing the beta since day one, and I have to say I freakin' love this game, its awesome. I would say it is going to easily be on my Top 5 games list of 2007...easily!! I think you might still be able to sign up for the beta, so if that is the case, I highly recommend everyone go jump on that right away, before its too late. I happened to get on it the first day they started it, and I have barely had time to play any of the other games I recently purchased, it's so addicting. I love how you level up and complete certain objectives to unlock certain guns and equipment, it adds a whole new aspect to the game.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

cod4 is looking better and better

1) 360/PS3 combine for 1.5 million before Jan 08

2) I doubt it.

3) I think Halo's single player is going to be really good. So I doubt it.

4) Yes. 8.5-9 range

5) Didn't play the beta