By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Work day needs to end... like now!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

anyone start as a barbarian?

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

For Flame Lurker, having the purple flame shield helps a lot for melee players. One popular way to get the shield early is to kill the dragon in 1-2 in the tower with arrows and go back in 1-1 where the lair is to pickup the now unguarded shield. Also if you put on the thief's ring, you can sneak from the side and get behind the flame lurker without him detecting you. If you have poison cloud, you can then just proceed to stay there and cast and recast poison cloud and be patient or weaken him with rage of the gods. (If your magic and faith is high and you're using talisman of the beast, one or two shots of rage of the gods will get the job done).

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

Steroid said:
Too many spoilers in this thread.

Yeah....but then again, it's a thread to discuss about the game.

I kicked another Red Eye knights ass. Got him stuck behind a cart and kept hitting him with Soul Arrow. He dropped me a Purple Flame Shield.

I also saved Ostrava guy, then I cleared the areas around him that he walks around.

I then went back to the Nexus, but he isn't there. When I go back to 1-1, he isn't there...

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
I kicked another Red Eye knights ass. Got him stuck behind a cart and kept hitting him with Soul Arrow. He dropped me a Purple Flame Shield.

I also saved Ostrava guy, then I cleared the areas around him that he walks around.

I then went back to the Nexus, but he isn't there. When I go back to 1-1, he isn't there...

he is trapped again at 1-2, go save him...

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

wow i mean wow what a game ! its sure the best RPG of the year :)

wenlan said:
Euphoria14 said:

he is trapped again at 1-2, go save him...

I thought he was supposed to be in the Nexus though between stages...

Currently playing:

makingmusic476 said:
Mirson said:

Just played it for an hour or so. Good so far. I'm having fun watching other player's death. I lol'd hard when some guy rolled to evade an enemy's attack, but he fell into a pit. I died once (twice if you count the tutorial) so far. Some ass pushed me down. I was very close to the edge. The message feature is pretty cool.

I love the deaths, though it's sad that 90% of them in the asian version are idiots falling off stairs.

The best death I've seen was in 1-1, at the area near the start where there's an archer on a ledge and a hole in the ground.  I click the blood stain to see this guy expertly finish off all the enemies in the area, only to turn around, walk straight into the little fire, and fall over dead.

I noticed that here as well. While I was on my way to see the monumental in the Nexus, there were shitloads of bloodsteins, and all of them were fall deaths. Pretty funny though.

The strategy guide is pretty useful.

@Mirson

The strategy guide is great. It tells you a whole bunch of stuff.

I would have never known about Ostrava or the Thief's Ring without it. I totally passed him up.

Currently playing: