By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Many thanks to Atlus for bringing this over to NA :O

Around the Network

So Atlus is starting to show more support for the PS3? I guess this means I have an obligation to buy this sweet game now.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Just finished my first playthrough, clocked in at about 42 hours, with my character at level 65. Did the World Uniter ending.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Hey I'm level 62 now by the way, in case anyone wants to update the OP. I started as a royal, too.

Will be on later tonight if anyone wants to co-op.

Hey axum. Want to co-op tonight?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'll be there Alic.

So I leveled up the claws to +8 and got the Large Sword of Searching....This sword has such a long distance reach. Does anyone else have this, because it is a really nice sword and I suggest it for melee fighters.

I have only about 8 levels left to play. I should've been done already as I am a level 77, but I just like leveling weapons and attributes up, so I keep grinding away. The leechmonger has probably been the easiest boss for me so far. The storm king was easy too.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

There's a guy on GAF hired by Atlus compiling a list of bugs/exploits/fixes to give to From Software for the North American release. Here's the post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15947086&postcount=4755

I'm thinking that VGC Demon's Souls owners could collectively make a list of issues (bugs/exploits) we've had and forward them to this guy, so they may be fixed for the western release.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

SolidShane said:
So I leveled up the claws to +8 and got the Large Sword of Searching....This sword has such a long distance reach. Does anyone else have this, because it is a really nice sword and I suggest it for melee fighters.

I have only about 8 levels left to play. I should've been done already as I am a level 77, but I just like leveling weapons and attributes up, so I keep grinding away. The leechmonger has probably been the easiest boss for me so far. The storm king was easy too.

Yeah i have the large sword of searching. Its a good weapon as it increases the drop rate of items by x2. You should always have it on when you kill the crystal geckos that way you have a higher chance of getting rare stuff from them or any other creature your trying to get rare drops from.

I dont use the large sword of searching for anything other then an off hand weapon for crystal geckos as i have better melee weapons for the job. My current set up is;

Right hand: North Regalia + Viscous Compound Longbow +5

Left hand: Morion Blade + Flame Purple Shield + 10

Body: Gloom Armor

Hands: Gloom Gauntlet

Legs: Black Boots (hides moving sounds so good for stealth)

Rings: Clever Rats Ring + Eternal Warriors Ring

Im level 129 melee focused wanderer and do about 600-1000 damage with my right hand weapons with this setup.

Stats are:

Vit: 45

Will: 20 (for acid cloud)

Str: 22

Dex: 50

Magic: 16

Faith: 16

Luck: 18

Oniichan said:

Yeah i have the large sword of searching. Its a good weapon as it increases the drop rate of items by x2. You should always have it on when you kill the crystal geckos that way you have a higher chance of getting rare stuff from them or any other creature your trying to get rare drops from.

I dont use the large sword of searching for anything other then an off hand weapon for crystal geckos as i have better melee weapons for the job. My current set up is;

Right hand: North Regalia + Viscous Compound Longbow +5

Left hand: Morion Blade + Flame Purple Shield + 10

Body: Gloom Armor

Hands: Gloom Gauntlet

Legs: Black Boots (hides moving sounds so good for stealth)

Rings: Clever Rats Ring + Eternal Warriors Ring

Im level 129 melee focused wanderer and do about 600-1000 damage with my right hand weapons with this setup.

Stats are:

Vit: 45

Will: 20 (for acid cloud)

Str: 22

Dex: 50

Magic: 16

Faith: 16

Luck: 18

from what i heard, sword of searching doesn't help getting the ultra rare item, e.g. Pure Bladestone

Very nice setting Onii!  I think I know what you are going after :) 

Morion Blade is cool, VERY impressive (1.6X damage, stackable) when HP < 30%

Clever rats ring, when HP is <30%, increases attack power  mmm.....

I also heard that patch 1.02 downgrade the effectness of acid cloud to balance the gameplay.  Now it's like a toy just to make other melee type gamers nervous XD

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX