By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

SolidShane said:
Ok I'm finally back on Demon's Souls. Been on vacation in Orlando. Alic0004, I'll be accepting your friend request today. I haven't been on in awhile, so you're ahead of me by a good bit. I'm only a level 25, so I've got some catching up to do.

Ameratsu:
A few questions about the game so far

What's the deal with qualitying your weapon? You'll lose most attributes and do you reclaim the souls you spent or what? I'm just afraid to do it until I know for sure.

I'm currently a level 25 Hunter with a +6 Battle Axe. Will I be able to handle
2-1 with ease or do I need some more leveling up?

Oh and if I'm a Hunter going for strength and endurance, do I need to worry about leveling up magic and will?
Thanks

Welcome back.

At certain levels, weapons can be upgraded to different states, such as quality or crushing. The point is that bonus damage is given based on certain stats among other things. The special upgrades are done at the 2-1 blacksmith. The crushing upgrade is good if you're doing strength. Here's a copy paste from the wiki:

• Sharp - Damage bonus is heavily modified by dexterity.
  • Quality - Moderate damage bonus from strength and dexterity.
  • Mercury - Poison special effect.
  • Fatal - Critical special effect.
  • Crescent - Damage bonus heavily modified by magic. Minor MP regen.

Level 25? 2-1 shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure exactly how you're building your character but you should be fine.

No, there's no point. Faith might serve a purpose as that increases your magic defense. It's up to you, maybe you want a little magic, maybe you don't. Your call.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Alic0004 said:
Oni, how do you get black/white world tendency so reliably? What's the best way? I see the icons darkening occasionally on the world menu, but I don't think I've ever gotten them all the way to one extreme.

please check here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency, it works for me so far

the most important thing you need to know is the Patch 1.02 bug:

Suppose one of your world is Pure Black and the rest neutral.
If you quit game in the Nexus. The next time you load the game in online mode, all 5 worlds is reset to Neutral once you enter the Nexus. If you load the game in offline mode, this bug does not happened.

Possible remedy:
+Quit your game in any world except the Nexus. (This worked for a while, but the last time I loaded my game all worlds were back to Neutral.)
It seemed that the game freeze any world status change when you not in the Nexus.
+Beg for a new patch.

if it's your first run of this game, just enjoy the game, work on the platinum trophy later with your 2nd character

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

wenlan said:
makingmusic476 said:

Does anybody have a chunk of Cloudstone they can give me? And would anybody like to help me run through 3-1 again? Those darn witches murder me.

I'm level 47.  I think?

mm, once you beat the boss, you can't summon blue phantoms to help you anymore.

That is fucking stupid.  -_-

makingmusic476 said:

You should do fine in 2-1 with those stats. You'll just want a for the grunts, and bring arrows for .

@all:

Last night outlaw helped me 4-1, and then I helped alic beat 4-1 and he helped me beat 3-1. However, I need to run through 3-1 again because at the end those damn harpies carried me off, preventing me from going back and rescuing Sage Freke, and collecting all the loot around the boss area. I also got 4 splinters of Dragonstone between outlaw and alic (thanks guys!) so I can now upgrade my Dragon Long Sword to +2, and now I just need to find a chunk of Cloudstone to go with my 6 splinters so I can upgrade my Dark Heater Shield to +3.

Does anybody have a chunk of Cloudstone they can give me? And would anybody like to run through 3-1 again? Those darn witches murder me.

I'm level 47.  I think?

Hey music, I'd be happy to run through 3-1 again.  I can clear that **** in about 15 minutes :)

(censored in honor of ps3 chat.)

If anyone wants to play tonight, I'll be on at about midnight eastern time.

ooh thats right, you can't summon... man that sucks.

Around the Network

Ok....I'm a level 29 Hunter now....I've been farming like crazy on 4-1. If anyone is interested in some co-op, let me know. My psn is SolidShane05. I've only beaten 1-1 and 1-2.

I know....I know....you guys are probably thinking at level 29, I should have more completed. I just want to be as far ahead of the game as possible when the time comes for it to get nasty. So, I've been replaying levels and farming for stones.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

You should be able to take 2-1 on your own......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Alic0004 said:
Oni, how do you get black/white world tendency so reliably? What's the best way? I see the icons darkening occasionally on the world menu, but I don't think I've ever gotten them all the way to one extreme.

Sorry i went out for a bit but wenlan answered it good with that site. ONLY DO THIS IN OFFLINE MODE as being online may sometimes reset your world tendency to neutral. Here is how i do it.

If i want to get the world into pure black then i do this.

- Go to the desired world in living form and kill yourself any which way you can

- Return to the Nexus

- Go to same world again and use the Stone of Ephemeral Eyes to revive then die again

- Rince and repeat until the World is pure black.

If you want a pure white world then its pretty easy. Defeat any of the bosses in that world in Soul mode ONLY. Do not defeat a boss in living mode.

This is my sure method for getting the worlds black and white without any dramas (all done solo in offline mode).

- Complete all the worlds First bosses any which way you like.

- Clear all the gates (smoke screen things) until you get to the last before the worlds 2nd boss.

- Now (if living form) die and return to the nexus

- Go to the same world and use the Stone of Ephemeral Eyes and die again until world is pure black

- Kill the special Black phantom NPCs and DO NOT EXIT the world after killing them. Run around the world till you find the primeval demon (looks like a grey big fat round parasite) and kill it for a colourless demon soul (needed for upgrading to sword of searching and to unlock higher level spells).

- Once all thats done now its time for pure white world.

- If your in living form make sure you die BUT not in the world you want pure white. So go to the Nexus and run up the stairs and fall to your death.

- Head to the world that was pure black and now you want pure white

- Defeat the 2nd boss in that world

- Now defeat the last boss of that world in living or soul form. Up to you. Soul form is your best bet.

- Speak to the Blue phantom NPC to get some goodies. (Depends on world).

I hope that helps answer your question.

SolidShane said:
Ok....I'm a level 29 Hunter now....I've been farming like crazy on 4-1. If anyone is interested in some co-op, let me know. My psn is SolidShane05. I've only beaten 1-1 and 1-2.

I know....I know....you guys are probably thinking at level 29, I should have more completed. I just want to be as far ahead of the game as possible when the time comes for it to get nasty. So, I've been replaying levels and farming for stones.

I can give you a hand if im online and can find me. hehe.

BTW dont waste time farming 4-1 unless your farming the red eye demons for a Uchigatana (i got 4 now hehe). Just kill the 4-1 boss its easy with a bow (shoot at its crown on its head) and once in 4-2 you can farm 4k+ in 2mins.

Wow Oni....and all this time I've been replaying 4-1 over and over and over. Thanks a lot. I just didn't think that I would be leveled up enough to handle the 4-1 boss, but if I can upgrade my bow a little more, then I should take him on.

Oh and Oni, I'm headed off to bed for the night as I'm crazy tired. I'll be on again tomorrow if you're interested.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies