By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Yeah, he got firestorm on me the first time I fought him. Didn't seem like his Warding ever wore off in ANY of the battles (other than the last one when I kept pelting him with soul arrow so he couldn't finish the spell).

But it was a waste since I didn't get the shift in soul tendency. BOOOO

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

I beat The Tower Knight!

He was rather easy. I just found a place where his attack wouldnt reach me and spammed Soul Arrow (I lvoe Soul Arrow )

Now, lestat, which one is 4-1? There is no number. After the 2, there is the prison one, one that is close (broken) and then 2 more.

I tried the 2nd going up through the right and th efirst enemy was a bitch to kill. He kept rolling ike crazy and has 3 billion attacks.

It was freaking hard.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@epicurean

Weird...I thought I had posted a reply to you O.O

Anyway, now you'll be left with winning battles against human BP's. The best place in the StoneFang tunnels is in 2-2, in the arena before the Flamelurker which has three RockWorms appearing when you drop in it.

@marciosmg

That's 4-1 xD The Silver skeletons are hard at first, you just have to keep blocking his rolls, and then counter-attack him. Just wait until you fight the Black Skeletons xD

Nice going with Tower Knight, make sure you don't use his soul! It grants Warding, the best defensive spell in the game! :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@epicurean

Weird...I thought I had posted a reply to you O.O

Anyway, now you'll be left with winning battles against human BP's. The best place in the StoneFang tunnels is in 2-2, in the arena before the Flamelurker which has three RockWorms appearing when you drop in it.

@marciosmg

That's 4-1 xD The Silver skeletons are hard at first, you just have to keep blocking his rolls, and then counter-attack him. Just wait until you fight the Black Skeletons xD

Nice going with Tower Knight, make sure you don't use his soul! It grants Warding, the best defensive spell in the game! :D

There are worse skeletons? O_o

Also, where do I use their souls?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@marciosmg

There are two variants that are tougher, the Gold Skeleton and the Black Skeleton. The Gold one carries a massive sword, that can take a huge chunk out of your life, but it's pretty easy to kill if you stick with magic, they don't roll and only run a bit slower towards you.

The Black skeletons are another deal in themselves, they can OHKO you with their lunge attack, and a single attack from them can take 4/5 of your health, and they attack fast as hell due to them wielding double Uchigatanas. You'll need some serious Block and Hit strategies to take them down, but Soul Arrow can do the trick as well, just make sure you're not left open to a counter, as you'll probably die.

To use their souls you'll need to find a specific NPC in the game. In the case of Tower Knight's Soul, you'll need to find Sage Freke in 3-1 and release him. When he's back at the Nexus, you can give him the soul, and he'll give you the spell for free xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Thanks. I think Im going to do 3-1 right now. lol

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Is this game really that good? I like JRPGs that are similar to Final Fantasy but still haven't given this game a try yet though I've had it for a couple of weeks...Not too into those dungeons and dragon things. And how does it compare to Dragon Age Origins? Thanks!

(another question while I'm at it...how did people get those console names under their avatar?)

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

@marciosmg

We aware of the squid-like guards in 3-1 then, they can OHKO with their Soul Ray spell. The Legion in B1F can also OHKO with the same spell, plus if you get into melee range, it's dozens of arms will rip you apart xD

@Delusional

The game is far from the typical JRPG formula. It's more of a mixture of slower paced Ninja Gaiden action game, with RPG mechanics and WRPG character growth, as you can develop each individual stat for your character.

The most similar game that could be compared too it's a much, much, much harder and slower-paced Kingdom Hearts, or the King's Fields series if you know what they are.

This game doesn't actually compare to Dragon Age Origins, since it's completely different, be it in terms of gameplay, in story flow (as there is only two cutscenes in the whole game, and no blatant storytelling in Demon's Souls, rather, you'll learn the story through NPC interations and things that you'll learn in the worlds themselves).

Dragon Age Origins is your typical WRPG game (and I'm not using Typical as a derogatory term, it's the best WRPG game I've played this generation, to me it's the spiritual sucessor to Baldur's Gate, and that's says it all), while Demon's Souls is a game, a genre that can only fit to itself, as it breaks almost all of the typical molds that are commonly associated with WRPG's and JRPG's.

Current PC Build

Hm...maybe I'll have to try it to see if I like it. I normally don't play WRPG but I loved Fable 2. It does seem like Demon's Soul doesn't quite fit into any past category of RPGs. Interesting...

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Just try to go into the game with the most open minded setting that you can muster. You're going to die a lot, and be frustrated a lot of times with this game, as it demands very much from the player. It's a game that will take you hours to even grasp the concepts behind it, and much dozens of gruelling work to master it.

You'll also be going to a lot of Demon's Souls Wiki's and help sites, because there's just too much things to do and to be aware off, that you'll need all the help you can get.

Current PC Build