Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

This is what I did when decided to farm the last pieces I was missing.

- Went Pure Black Character Tendency (doesn't affect drop rate, but I was Black when I decided to farm).

- Went Pure Black World Tendency (Black World Tendency increases enemy damage and souls earned, and yields better item drops, most especially for Ore).

- Held Large Sword Of Searching in my Off-Hand while killing the mobs that droped my items.

Here's more information on the Large Sword Of Searching from the Demon's Souls Wiki.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/large-sword-of-searching

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Around the Network

Demon's Souls Holiday Surprise On The Way?
By Pete Haas: 2009-12-11 13:01:38 ShareThis

It could be a very special holiday season for fans of the PS3 RPG Demon's Souls. Sony teased some sort of announcement earlier today.

"Heroes of Boletaria, take heart: rumor has it the Old One's power will falter in the days following the winter solstice #demonssouls," reads a new tweet from the official Sony PlayStation Twitter.

Though the game's been pretty well-received, one point of contention has been the difficulty level. Maybe they'll add some sort of optional feature(s) to cater to the weak-kneed crowd? The winter solstice takes place on December 21st so we should know by then

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Demon-s-Souls-Holiday-Surprise-On-The-Way-21645.html

My opinion, Atlus is going to do PW WT on december 21st, just like they did PB WT in Halloween

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I got a relative to pick this up for me when they were in the states a few weeks ago and finally got the copy yesterday. I'm really impressed so far. Have to say that after playing for about 40 minutes I was wondering what all the fuss was about regarding the difficulty, seemed to be a case of block then strike. Then I met the red-eyed knight. I learned my lesson very quickly (and have done so numerous times since)! I love the online aspect and interactivity between players with the messages and apparitions. I'm only around 2 hours in (and that includes time wasted with dying) but the level design so far is great and doesn't make the game too punishing if you die so I hope that continues throughout.

@CrazyHorse

I'm glad that you're enjoying the game :) Normally the Red Eyes is the very first lesson on the true difficulty of Demon's Souls, and if you hadn't met him, then you would be totally unprepared for the difficulty boost of the boss, Phalanx

There's lots of more difficult enemies in the game, but it will be a matter of trial and learning with every death, every false move or every bad timming of your part ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Kotaku has a little review up. I'm not sure how many undecided folk we still have checking this thread, but nonetheless - http://kotaku.com/5424389/demons-souls-review-souls-asylum?skyline=true&s=x

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

Love this game, although sometimes it really kicks my ass until I finally figure out the right strategy for a given situation.

I've killed 4 of the 5 Black Phantom NPCs and the corresponding Primeval Demons, closing in on NG+

@cande4me

The black phantom NPC's are a good trial to prepare yourself for the dangers of NG+ ;)

I only did them on NG+, and oh boy how did I regret it xD

Current PC Build

Only have King Allant left, then on to NG+++!

Unfortunately, he is the hardest boss for me to defeat. He seemed WAY more difficult on NG+ than the first time through....Even rolling out of the way of his charge (which can turn corners) seems difficult...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Funny, I actually thought King Allant to be easier on NG+ than on NG :P

Probably because I fought him on NG with a heavy burdened character and couldn't dodge appropiatedly, and then on NG+ I played a heavy armoured character but with an agility similar to a light armored one, and didn't get hit more than twice in the entire battle xD.

To roll out of the way of his charge I found it easier to just wait to him being in mid charge and then dodge in the last moment possible.

Current PC Build

DOLBYdigital said:

Has anyone actually played as the end boss for another persons' game? That sounds wicked fun but it seems to be a rare luck of the draw thing.

The boss you can actually play as is the 3-3 boss. Yes I've done it, and it's amazingly awesome. It randomly happens to those playing and within a certain level range of the person they're supposed to be the boss for on levels 3-2 and 3-3 AFAIK.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka