By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Well, once you finish Phalanx there's no pre-determined order to do the worlds.

1-2 is a major jump in difficulty from 1-1 though, you may want to do the X-1 worlds first, especially 2-1 and 4-1 (Leave 5-1 for when you have more skills, the 5-X worlds are hellishly difficult)

The trick in 1-2 is to either Kill the Dragon with a Bow (You'll need over 100 arrows for it, and you can aim easily and safely from the top of the first tower, where you get the Compound Long Bow), or to just rush the parts of the Dragon part, roll when you meet enemies, and face them inside the Towers themselves.

There are safe spots in which you can wait to the dragon passing by, you'll just need to watch closely to his sweeping pattern.

The Heater Shield is a nice addition to your arsenal, since it's the first 100% Physical Reduction shield you'll get in the game, and that makes tons of difference later on ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I know this was posted in the Zero Punctuation thread, but I might as well post it here too.

Demon's Souls > Yahtzee confirmed

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Demon's Souls pwned Yahtzee... The game has gone 1000^1000 points in my consideration xDDDDDD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Haha. Great video.

He described exactly what I went through.

Im lvl 15 now. I have been farming 1-1 and a part of 1-2. I also did a bit of 2-1 but when I lost over a 1000 souls again I decided to head home once I acquired a few more. lol

I want to upgrade my weapon but I cant find hardstones or sharpstones anymore. The creature where I got a few from doesnt seem to drop it anymore.

Man, this game is awesome!!!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Well, your best bet in getting Hardstones and Sharpstones are the small Phalanxes on the start of 1-2.

Other than that, the miners in 2-1, especially the ones that attack you with bags, are your best bet.

Also, pay good attention to the Crystal Geckos, those are paramount if you want to get some of the Rarer stones. You'll notice that you're close to one when you hear a small chime like a bell in the background. Once you spot one, rush to him and kill him as fast as you can, those little buggers have a tendency to run away when they spot you, and they dissapear a few seconds after running away.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Well, this just came on my email, Atlus has confirmed that they are doing the PW WT event, pretty much like they did the PB WT at Halloween :D

Now, If I could only get my PS3 back from repairs on time... >_< 

Anyway, there's still 4 days left to go, so all of you who want to do PW WT can start to prepare for it ;)

Current PC Build

question!?!?!?! i need help

so i had i picked a knight in the beg and i had have the long sword, i leveled it up to 3+, but then i saw quality long sword and did that afterwards, so now its a quality long sword level 1

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, is it just as good as my long sword 3+ or will it be? i dont understand how my one sword has different classes to it lol

The prefixes add certain bonuses to your weapons, that either affect the damage you do physically, magically or damage with Fire.

Here are the list of prefixes and how they affect each individual weapon :)

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/upgrade

And here's how they affect the Long Sword per se: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/long-sword

So you see, even though your Quality Long Sword +1 has less physical damage stats, the amount of damage boost you get from stats is bigger, since you get a D boost from strength and Dexterity at the same time, instead of the D strenght and E dexterity.

Overall, Quality weapons are sometimes lower in damage than their original counterparts, unless you level up both Strenght and Dexterity at the same time.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Well, this just came on my email, Atlus has confirmed that they are doing the PW WT event, pretty much like they did the PB WT at Halloween :D

Now, If I could only get my PS3 back from repairs on time... >_< 

Anyway, there's still 4 days left to go, so all of you who want to do PW WT can start to prepare for it ;)

Does that mean I should start palying online? Cause it will be easier to get PW WT?

But wont I get my ass kicked by invading players?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@marciosmg

In 21st December, all online WT will be PW, no matter what you do, it will be fixed like that, meaning that you can get all the PW WT events instantly ;)

You won't have much problem with invading players come PW WT if you don't dwell on the usual PVP worlds, which are 1-4 and 4-2. Also on PW WT, every Black Phantom player has their strenght diminished and all the Blue Phantom players that you request help from will have their strenght augmented, so the chances of you getting attacked are even less.

Current PC Build