By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Hiko said:
After finishing the game 2 times, I decided to make a new character. I chose to do the tutorial by accident and I ended up killing the boss with my thief lol. You only get around 450 souls from it, but Its somewhat interesting what happens after...I won't spoil for you guys ;D

Can someone tell me why can't I let go of the game after finishing it so many times in a row and when I have 2 great games waiting for me to play them? I hope I'm not addicted :P

The true Demon's Souls starts here.

xD

yupp, its addicting if youre really in it :D i played the game 6 times, and after i beat the games i have (Killzone 2 and Star Wars:TFU), i will return, to get the last 4 smithing trophies. (even if they are bitches). :D

i played 120 Hours, and i can imagine to play additional 30-40, soullevel 200, im coming. (174 atm)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I don't think any other game ever got me so hooked (other than MMO's). The weird part is that it's not even an open world game, it has its linearity's, yet makes you want to play it over and over.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

how long does it take to play through the first time?

Maelstrome said:

It depends on how much you want to accomplish. You can run through the levels ignoring all enemies and items and just beat the bosses. This would take you only a few hours to "finish" the game.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

So I decided to try a super magician approach and it's so much fun. I equipped the rings of clever rat and magical nature, the Morion blade in my left hand, the Insanity catalyst in my right hand, the crazy magician hat as my head gear and 30% health bar. Now it takes about 10 soul arrows to defeat the blue dragon in 1-4 (over 1000 hit points per arrow) and it takes just one soul arrow to kill almost any black phantom even if they try to Ward.
Crazy good times indeed.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
Maelstrome said:

It depends on how much you want to accomplish. You can run through the levels ignoring all enemies and items and just beat the bosses. This would take you only a few hours to "finish" the game.

lets say on average. playing normally without being very detailed and without trying to rush it.

Maelstrome said:
dolemit3 said:
Maelstrome said:

lets say on average. playing normally without being very detailed and without trying to rush it.

On my first play it took me 35hours to finish it.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Maelstrome said:
dolemit3 said:
Maelstrome said:

i needed 20 hours for my first play through.

i didnt rush anything, but i had no interrest in secrets either.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

dolemit3 said:
Maelstrome said:

Then good luck to you. Please ignore fast run tactics from people in this game.

Finally, beat the game for the first time, couldn't do the PB and PW WT because I fucked up too much on the early stages but now with NG+ I'll try doing them.

Any tips for NG+?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"