By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

lestatdark said:
I'm on 4-1 now...Vanguard is a damn piece of cake, and now I'm on my way to make the Dozer Axe xD 300 attack is nothing to scoff at in this point of the game :D

yeah, the dozer axe is pretty awesome, i ran around with the dragon long sword and Soul arrow as the only things for combat til 5-1 xD..

the first unique weapon i got was Blueblood sword, and i loved/love it. :)  (But Northern Regalia and Meat Cleaver are the real badasses. :D)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I have Meat Cleaver now, but still lack Faith to use it properly, even though I have 30 Strenght and 20 Dexterity. Does it have a serious effect on the weapon other than lower stats? Even with lower stats it's a superb weapon :O

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Wow, just beat Old Hero, and now have 100K souls :O Ring of Avarice + Meat Cleaver + Lava Bow = Win! xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'm trying to get the ring trophie and I'm only missing Foe's Ring from Mephistopheles quest reward. My question is do I need all of the NPC to be alive to get to the last quest or can I still get to it without some of them?

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

could anyone recommend any games wich could preper me or are similar to demon souls for the ps3. As im getting demon souls for christmas, but im a bit of a rpg noob, im kinda jumping in at the deep end.

Around the Network
Hiko said:
I'm trying to get the ring trophie and I'm only missing Foe's Ring from Mephistopheles quest reward. My question is do I need all of the NPC to be alive to get to the last quest or can I still get to it without some of them?

as far as i know, all the guys you have to kill must be alive.because you will get 5 or 6 kill-quests in total, in a determined order.

- Freke

- Urbain

- Ostrava

- Yuria

- Patches

- Biorr

if they're dead already, youre screwed. :/

@THATGUY:

Demon's Souls is, at least in Combat, much more a action Game. So it's not important that you have played RPGs before.

And i dont think that there is a game, that can prepare you for Demon's Souls, because the combat is pretty unique. :(.. but i dont think it will be a big problem for you to jump in, dying is a common thing, and everyone has to, the first 30 Minutes. :D

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

@THATGUY

Well, as Crystalchild put it, there's actually no game that can prepare you for the hardships of Demon's Souls, as you can pretty much die from everything, including from other players should you play it online (I got rushed by three subsequent Black Phantom's yesterday, got me so damn frustrated).
The combat is like a slow-paced action game, with the inherent deepness of a RPG system behind the stats, inventory and the such, but if you're trying to find a point of comparison for the difficulty, imagine playing Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja, that's as hard as it gets in some parts in this game.

Current PC Build

Is there a stone of ephemeral eyes in 1-1?
I wanna start the game out with a buddy, but can't acces the top of the nexus yet to get an easy stone.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

I think there is one but it's near the dragon's nest, if not on the dragon's nest per se. My first SOEE was on 1-2, right after Phalanx.

Current PC Build

Umm you can't play co-op if you haven't finish 1-1. Beat phalanx first, then you can start playing co-op. Remember to get the blue stone from maiden in black after you beat phalanx. Phalanx is easy anyway :p

Currently Playing: Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)