By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

lestatdark said:
Finally got to make some progress on NG+, I was stuck a long while on 2-1 and 4-1. Now managed to beat Dragon God and got Northern Regalia and i'm using a Purple Flame Shield +8 which has 79& Guard Reduction.

That build, coupled with the Ancient King Set and a Ring of Great Strenght has allowed me to breeze through most of NG+ now, except for the occasional mistake (and NG+ doesn't allow any room for mistakes...)

Great setup :)

And Northern Regalia is one big badass.. :D (but i like Blue Blood Sword more.. maybe cuz i have 45 luck xD)

and if there is anyone who owns a pure bladestone, tell me :( this badass of a stone holds my Platin trophy in its hands, while spitting down on me -_-

(its possible to share stones without losing them, and in trade i can offer EVERY valuable Weapon, Colorless Demon's Souls, every kind of Hard/Sharp/Dragon/Darkmoon/Faint/Spider-stone.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I'm not hunting for stones yet, especially since I made a Tearing Uchigatana first and then I'm going to make a Sharp. What enemy drops the pure bladestone? The skeletons from Storm Archstone?

I still can't use the Blueblood sword, because I'm still at 15 magic :P What is the effect of luck on Blueblood? B?

Edit - How can you change from a PB CT to a PW CT? I made my character PB because of Mephistopheles, but now I can't seem to get out of PB.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

I'm not hunting for stones yet, especially since I made a Tearing Uchigatana first and then I'm going to make a Sharp. What enemy drops the pure bladestone? The skeletons from Storm Archstone?

I still can't use the Blueblood sword, because I'm still at 15 magic :P What is the effect of luck on Blueblood? B?

Edit - How can you change from a PB CT to a PW CT? I made my character PB because of Mephistopheles, but now I can't seem to get out of PB.

@blueblood:

i dont know, B or A. (i have 45 luck and a bonus of +91)

@tendency:

- Defeat Invading Players.

-Defeat NPC Black Phantoms.

- rescuing NPCs (? <- not sure about this one)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Hey guys, any tips for Little King's Section 3 boss? I have a Dragon Sword +2, and I mostly play as Magician.

@Crystalchild

hum, I guess i'll have to go online after I get both PW WT and PB WT events then. It kinda sucks having less HP and BP doing more damage than usual, but It makes for a more challenging experience.

@routsounmanman

Little King? What archstone is that? o.o

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
Hey guys, any tips for Little King's Section 3 boss? I have a Dragon Sword +2, and I mostly play as Magician.

Do you mean the Penetrator (the one with that big sword) in 1-3?

the easiest way is to free Biorr, he sit's in a Cell just before the Tower Knight's Spot. the door is locked, but you should get the key from one of the officers.

if you talk to biorr (twice) he will sleep, but if you enter the fog for the penetrator, he'll join you and hit the shit out of that Boss.

and if you stand in front of the penetrator, the easiest way to dodge his sword is to roll towards him.

Yes, I'm talking about the penetrator. I've tried to beat him 3 times (I don't have enough time lately) yet he totally destroyed me. His attacks are magical or physical? I could use Warding too...

My penetrator strategy is pratically the same that Crystalchild gave you, except that now on NG+ you can't rely on Biorr at all, since he dies after a few hits of the penetrator.

I managed to defeat him without getting hit once, the main issue is mobility. He moves extremely slow, and all of his attacks are really predicatable.

If he puts his sword behind him, he's going to do a 360 swipe attack, when he does, wait for the moment that he does a small jump, roll forward and do the rolling attack. Roll backwards twice and you'll escape the subsequent attack.

If he has a white glow on the sword, roll backwards, that move is a OHKO. After he thrust the glowing sword you can run up to him to get one or two free hits, then roll backwards to escape.

Edit - His attacks are purely physical, Slash and Piercing if i'm not mistaken.

Current PC Build

Thanks, both of you. I'm not gonna go for the Biorr strategy, sounds a bit cheap to me. I'll just get rid of the armor I'm carrying (slows me down very much) and rely on reflexes and agility as lestatdark pointed out.

I think I can put him down with enough clarity and patience. My weapon is powerful enough to best him with ~15 hits. I'll also cast Warding to increase the odds.

@Routsounmanman

You're welcome ;) also you don't need to take off your armor, use a Ring of Great Strength, it will give you 50% more equip limit, and you can use heavy armours with being encumbered by them, that's how i'm using Ancient King Set, Meat Cleaver, Northern Regalia and Purple Flame Shield and not being encumbered.

Mobility is key and paramount to this game, I passed the first game without even caring for mobility, yet when I came to NG+, I was getting my ass handed down to me because I couldn't escape enemy attacks (I'm a Hybrid Knight/Archer)

You being a magician, don't actually need to don heavy armour ;) What attack spells do you use? Firestorm, Acid Raind, Death Cloud, Soul Ray, Firespray?

Current PC Build