By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

I mainly use Fireball, Fire Spray, Soul Ray. They don't do much to the Penetrator though.

Around the Network

Try using Firestorm, in my magician character, that's my main attack spell. Coupled with a Crescent weapon +3 (or +5 if you want maximum MP regeneration) and Silver Coronet, you'll be almost in spamming range.

Plus Penetrator is really slow, even if you don't do much damage to him with Magic, by constantly keeping your distance you can keep doing pot shots with cheaper magic and eventually will kill him. Also, Insanity Catalyst helps to potentiate your spells.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I din't know that upgrading a crescent weapon increases its MP regeneration properties as well! That, along with my Fragrant Ring, should help me quite a bit, many thanks

Yeah, at Crescent + 5 you'll get 1 MP per 2 seconds, couple it with the fragant Ring at 1 MP per 4 seconds, you'll be getting 3 MP each 4 seconds. With spammable spells like Fire Spray, this setup is really awesome ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

(sorry for spam but:) Platin Trophy! :D after 150 hours. X_x

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

give me your shards :P I hate farming!

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Hiko said:

give me your shards :P I hate farming!

you hate farming? tried to get a pure Bladestone? this badass in stoneform did cost me 7 (!!!) hours of my life. ... .. X_x (with 52 luck and Large Sword of searching)

but i can give you some stones, if you tell me what you need, i can look if i have them. but you have to be Level 180-220 to be able to trade with me. :D

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I'm far from 180 :P I'm at 127 on my NG++, I hope on the next game I will get all the gems needed.

And Pure Bladestone is one of the missing ones lol

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas the other week and I said Demon's Souls. On Thanksgiving she mentioned the game by name. I'm fairly certain that means she got it as she forgets the name of everything(you know how old people are). I'm pretty excited I can't wait to play it Christmas Day. I'll be bringing my PS3 and TV up to my Mom's house just to play it that day. :D

Any word on downloadable content? With such an addicted fanbase it seems like new dungeons and such could have a .75 attach rate or so for DLC. That would be huge.

@Crystalchild

Congrats on getting the Plat trophy :D I still have a long ways to go, until NG+++ I presume :P Also, I think you just had bad luck getting the Pure Bladestone, I got one on my first BP black Skeleton on NG+ yesterday.

@RVDondaPC

There's no word on actual DLC. I think that even Atlus got caught unprepared to the success that Demon's Souls represents. Probably we'll get a very improved DS 2 in the future, with more dungeons and more different weapon types and so on. Oh and a sell system would be good :P

Current PC Build