By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Just posting to keep an eye on you guys.

Around the Network

Just beat the 1-2 boss (the tower guard or w/e). He was a good bit easier this time. Killing him netted me 10k souls.

At first I thought "Woot! 10 new soul levels! until I realized that it'll cost me 2800 souls to go up the next level, and even more after that. =/

And why is it the the broken archstone just so happens to lead to the area I want to go the most? A land of giants is full of crazy possibilities.

I can only hope they plan to add it in as DLC down the road.

Giant flame-shooting spider...

Yeah, wasn't expecting that. =/

How many on the site own this game right now?

I'm interested in importing it pretty soon, and I'm wondering who is out there to play multiplayer with. Anyone interested in buying the game around the same time so we can play the co-op/versus modes? I've heard it works multiplayer in in unusual ways.

mm, which level are you now?
i passed 1-2 last night, will try to finish 2-1 and 5-1 tonight.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
Alic0004 said:
How many on the site own this game right now?

I'm interested in importing it pretty soon, and I'm wondering who is out there to play multiplayer with. Anyone interested in buying the game around the same time so we can play the co-op/versus modes? I've heard it works multiplayer in in unusual ways.

Well, there are five people at the moment.

Myself

Makingmusic

wenlan

Amaerasu (I buthcered the spelling)

And axumblade

I didn't beat 1-2, but I bought some plate gloves and my defense has skyrocketed. I still roll fast too!

It makes up for the fact the game has completely glitched on me. I got my body back and died. So I went to my bloodstain. Got to it and didn't recover my body.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wenlan said:
mm, which level are you now?
i passed 1-2 last night, will try to finish 2-1 and 5-1 tonight.

Spider = boss of 2-1.

axumblade said:
So I beat level 1-1...and went back...then I got killed by the red eyed knight...and then I was trying to get back to it and fell down the stairs to my doom...now i can't find my body again...any suggestions of how to get it back? x.o

if you die again before you can recover your souls, they're gone forever. so the souls you lost fighting the red knight are gone because you died again.

also a tip for you guys. the non-demon souls you pick up (sorry if that's confusing) are supposed to be consumed for souls. Ie - "renowned hero's soul" ... "traditional soul" ... "unknown soldier's soul" etc give anywhere from 200 to over 10k souls. The only ones you DON'T want to consume is the demon's souls until you make sure it doesn't give something unique that you want as they can be traded for special magic among other things.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

axumblade said:
ameratsu said:
axumblade said:
So I beat level 1-1...and went back...then I got killed by the red eyed knight...and then I was trying to get back to it and fell down the stairs to my doom...now i can't find my body again...any suggestions of how to get it back? x.o

if you die again before you can recover your souls, they're gone forever. so the souls you lost fighting the red knight are gone because you died again.

but how do I get my body back? :[

oh.

you can either

1) beat a boss (either yourself or help someone beat a boss in co-op)

2) use the item "stone of ephermal(sp?) eyes"

there is a ring in 1-1 in the trebuchet area that will give you 75% health as a soul

axumblade, we do have a demon's souls text chat on psn that you can join as well.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
axumblade said:

also a tip for you guys. the non-demon souls you pick up (sorry if that's confusing) are supposed to be consumed for souls. Ie - "renowned hero's soul" ... "traditional soul" ... "unknown soldier's soul" etc give anywhere from 200 to over 10k souls. The only ones you DON'T want to consume is the demon's souls until you make sure it doesn't give something unique that you want as they can be traded for special magic among other things.

They DO?!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.