By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Which console goes well with a gaming PC?

Zkuq said:

Of course you could also go for PSP/DS if they have interesting games. They're also cheaper and have some great games.

This. The DS in particular has a very wide variety of games and you will like at least some of them. And it shares nothing with a PC.

Around the Network

Honestly?

Wii. If you have a gaming PC, you are really not missing out much on the HD consoles at all (except the fighting and sports games, so if you are into that go ahead). In fact your PC is far superior to the HD consoles as well, free net, better graphics, better games, free mods and "DLC," very well developed community.

The Wii however actually offers something your PC doesn't even have, yet, so go with that.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Get a Wii.

PC can play HD games and gets a lot of Multis with the HD consoles.

WII if you consider handhelds as well then get a DS. most of the best ps360 games are on pc as well so i don't see the point in buying one of HD twins(well only if you want to buy arcade)

I used to be a PC-only gamer as well until 2002. The Gamecube was my first console and I never regretted it. Games from Japanese developers offer a different experience for people who are "only" used to PC games and I realized soon that Nintendo has some IPs which are perfect for my taste (e.g. Zelda, Mario RPGs, Wave Race). I even loved Star Fox Adventures, which many console veterans seem to dislike.

My second console was the Xbox and - while it had a few great games - it took a while until I discovered that this was not the best decision for me. I don't like shooters at all and it felt as if the console was extremely marketed to FPS in general and Halo in particular... Similar to the 360, there were good to great (console) exclusives outside the usual FPS lineup on Xbox - such as Fable, Morrowind and especially KOTOR - but these games came from former PC-only developers and were released on PC as well. I should have bought a PS2 instead. I missed out on lots of JRPGs and other great PS2 exclusives like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

So, depending on your tastes: Wii or/and PS3. If the PS3 just had BC to the last gen like the Wii...

Around the Network

If none of the 360/PS3 exclusives make you happy then Wii is the best way to go considering most Wii titles will only be on that system. If I had a ultra beefy system and didn't care for the 360 exclusives I would have went Wii only this gen.

Also going handheld only is another option for beefy PC users.

It's just that simple.

Well... which console is least like a gaming PC?

Assuming you like everything... the Wii is the only sensible choice.

I would say the Wii is the only good compliment to the PC. The games on the Wii are the only games that are actually somewhat different from PC games. The games on the 360 and PS3 are just really really really bad versions of PC style games in my opinion.

PC Gamer
The Anarchyz said:
Recommendation: PS3/Wii

360 shares a lot of games with the PC, and sooner or later every Microsoft 1st party game ends up in a PC...

PS3 shares games with PC but they're only from 3rd party, SCE 1st party games are not available on PC (only a few exceptions escape from this premise)... And Wii is the system that shares the less amount of games with a PC...

Wii gets PC games from 10 years ago actually (Broken Sword, Maddog Mc Cree :))

So yes as said above get PS3 or Wii (altrough the Wii will piss you off if you have HD TV)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Get a 360, if you're not interested in BR/Wii because it will be just your 2ndary system and theres no point (unless you have loads of cash spare) to spend that much when you can play 90% of the games on the PC. You have to be obsessed with that 10% (of which theres a comparable 10% on the 360 anyway) to do that.

Tease.