By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 tie ratio trumps Wii's -360 owns both-

PS3 tie ratio trumps Wii's

PS3 now has a higher software tie ratio than Wii

As of March 2009 PS3's tie ratio - average number of units of software per console owner - was 6.5, ahead of Wii's 6.2 tie ratio, according to Gamasutra.

The reason PS3's tie ratio has pulled ahead of Wii's is likely found in the opposing hardware sales trends exhibited by both consoles.

While US Wii sales rocketed through much of 2008, PS3 sales have fallen five months running on a year-on-year basis.

The slowing PS3 hardware market has not stopped existing owners buying an increasing number of games, but roaring Wii sales have not been matched by software sales for the system.

Wii and PS3 both launched in the US in November 2006. At the same point in its lifetime, in its 29th month on the market, the Xbox 360 had a tie ratio of 7.5. The console's tie ratio now sits at a healthy 8.3.

Article supplied by Edge-Online

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=213667

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network

This was posted already

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

8.3?? thats amazing!!! Xbox owners actually buy games, and is not just the year headstart...
Imagine that the XBOX360 is even infected from piracy. The PS3 doesnt...

If you gonna play the piracy card include Wii in that too.

I know people who don't own legit games but own around 200 pirated Wii games.

Cobretti2 said:
If you gonna play the piracy card include Wii in that too.

I know people who don't own legit games but own around 200 pirated Wii games.

200? I couldn't even think of 100 games for all three systems combined!!!

Tease.

Around the Network

I can't even imagine more than 50 PS/X360/Wii I would like to play :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I never could understand the need to pirate games that aren't even worth the time to play. But then that's the old fashioned "warez" mindset of making copies of things you typically don't want or won't use.

Frankly, if it's not worth my money, it's not worth my time, seeing as how I will always be behind on my legit games and could never finish them all, even if I played constantly.

200 pirated games on the Wii? That is a lot of wasted blank disks IMO. I'd have a tough time coming up with a list of just 20 retail disk games on the Wii that I'd bother playing.

I could easily wrap up a console generation with under 50 games for the platform and STILL have quite a few games that turned out to be not worth the effort to finish.

Not to mention the system with the largest marketshare/userbase typically always has the worst attach rate... at first. Besides, we're looking at minor differences and it really doesn't matter.

Also, I own more games for my Wii than for my 360. And I'm about to improve that ratio later today by buying Soul Calibur Legends (although, I did just make it worse yesterday... bought MK vs DCU).

SW-5120-1900-6153

I have 18 PS3 games.

WAY above average, then...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
I have 18 PS3 games.

WAY above average, then...

My spin on this is that you secretly hate the PS3 so you try to make it break down by playing too many games on it so you can make a post on the internet complaining about it you darn sneaky closet Xbot.

Tease.