By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Well Sony made some big mistakes this generation and these are the consequences.

The 360 may not be the biggest console ever but it'll have huge life time sales. Probably will be the 5th best selling console ever. Maybe 4th if they can sell another 30 million.

Around the Network

Whoever loses the most money this gen wins?

Who is that going to be is the real question!

City17 said:

Tell me if I'm wrong but hasn't the 360 generated money even though they lost a billion repairing broken machines. I'd say success is based on profit and that's something Xbox 360 is guaranteed to win compared to the PS3.

Sony hasn't had any real setbacks and still can't manage to make a profit.

Edit:

I think MS has done a great job this round. Yeah, they didn't start right (RROD?) but
boy do they have a plethora of great games available. Sony needed some kicking--
and i mean that with respect. If PS4 ever comes to blossom, it will be a monster.

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Well if PS3 was owning this generation based on what they gave us at the start (nothing) I think the PS3 would be shit now. So in a way I am happy. But now Sony has got their act together and I hope they do better saleswise.

Around the Network
reptile168 said:
I certainly think it's the best thing to happen to videogame industry that Sony is last place. They deserve it all the way. From being arrogant, to repeatedly break promises or create false publicity, they need to realize that people are smarter than this. The worst part is Sony used one of their best division to win a format war. That, in itself, is a huge sin for all true gamers out there, though thankfully for Sony, some gamers were assimilated by Sony's marketing team.

What is the bigger sin/crime?  upgrading a storage technology (there is always whining no matter what when this happens - floppies, CDs, DVDs, etc), or placing an unready product in consumers' hands to get ahead of competition. 

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

mjc2021 said:
City17 said:

Tell me if I'm wrong but hasn't the 360 generated money even though they lost a billion repairing broken machines. I'd say success is based on profit and that's something Xbox 360 is guaranteed to win compared to the PS3.

Sony hasn't had any real setbacks and still can't manage to make a profit.

Edit:

I'll leave that answer to one of the guru's but I do like your picture!  :)    10 year plan FTW!

Jeronimo66 said:

I know I am, because I feel Sony was getting too much credit and needed to be put in there place, which I feel should not be at the top.

Thank you Nintendo for making this happen.

FIxed!

FinalEvangelion said:
reptile168 said:
I certainly think it's the best thing to happen to videogame industry that Sony is last place. They deserve it all the way. From being arrogant, to repeatedly break promises or create false publicity, they need to realize that people are smarter than this. The worst part is Sony used one of their best division to win a format war. That, in itself, is a huge sin for all true gamers out there, though thankfully for Sony, some gamers were assimilated by Sony's marketing team.

What is the bigger sin/crime?  upgrading a storage technology (there is always whining no matter what when this happens - floppies, CDs, DVDs, etc), or placing an unready product in consumers' hands to get ahead of competition. 

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

Some of these folks like to say that Sony is worse for "breaking promises" -- as if, since MS never promised not to have RRoD, that makes it more ok.

Microsoft is also arrogant (and Nintendo invented it).

Microsoft also uses false publicity. 

Microsoft's marketing team was more active early this gen, especially online.

At those Sony fanboys pesting this thread, 360 is already profittable.

Sony is way more arrogant than MS or Nintendo. Sony fanboys still hurt because theit console still trails behind 360 numbers without a reall killer app.

At launch, Sony was the most arrogant company I remember, just bashing at the Wii and the 360. And, aside from MS, sony has posted tremendous losses last quarter. And MS sustained a lower [yet a] profit. And cannot judges these companies as they have other divisions which also make the profit, or the loss.

As an analyst, I've only seen PS3 hardware sales fall for several quarters while 360 sales are slightly sustained.

Yes. I'm really happy to see the 360 leading the hi-spec consoles market. Sony is just experincing what deserves. And PS fanboys can be angry, as they are in their right.

360 + Wii + Steam

Lone traveler