By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Badassbab said:

Let's ask the OG post starter what they meant by the title of the thread. Common sense says he meant 360 vs PS3 but we don't all have common sense....

He will say he meant PS3 vs. 360 because in that case 360 would win. No way he would say PSP vs. 360 coz 360 PSP( the product made by Sony) would win

Around the Network
JGarret said:
CMoney said:

i am VERY HAPPY sony is in last place. i love it!!! I think it has great that they lost ALL THE PS2 PROFITS ON THE PS3.

They deserve to be in last because they tried to force gamers to buy blu-ray when it has nothing to do with gaming. Aslo, they PAID OFF MOVIE STUDIOS 500 MILLION to support blu-ray exclusively.....disgusting.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13009.cfm

I hope the whole company goes bankrupt.

And in the process leaving more than 100.000 people unemployed..you´re real charming.

They already got their punishment.

You beat me to it.

I think I have to say it.  Xbox/MS fanboys sure spend alot of their time hating on Sony / PS3 and its owners.  To be honest, I don't see whats so bad about Blu-ray.  It has satisfied me.  We need to increase storage along the way or we would still be stuck with floppies.  Let's not forget about the little payout on Paramount for a while to support HD DVD.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Not particularly happy. I was a great detractor of the Xbox last generation, i felt it was a console running entirely on advertising hype and shallow aesthetic appeal (look, i can blow this guy's head off! How extreme!)

Though you must admit Microsoft just wanted it more this time. They improved the 360 greatly, and made it pretty much everything that made the PS2 great. If Nintendo hadn't gone and changed the rules of engagement, 360 would be out ahead easily, since it balances appeal

Plus i think Sony was too focused on Microsoft when they designed the PS3, since a lot of the aesthetic elements of the Xbox (I'm large and in charge) seemed to go in to the making of the PS3

It's almost as if the two switched positions, but i still have my biases against the Xbox brand, but these biases are merely against the brand itself. The console is pretty nice, and brings a lot of worthy things to the table.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Happy that Wii beat it, less happy that XB360 did, as I fear what MS can do if it becomes first, but as long as Nintendo is so strong we should be safe. I hope PS3 eventually gets 2nd place WW (while XB360 should remain 2nd in USA, doing so much to cater for yankee tastes it deserves it), but after it'sure it learned this precious lesson of humility.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'm glad it happened like this. Sony needed to learn some humility and face some competition. They will be a better company for it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CMoney said:

i am VERY HAPPY sony is in last place. i love it!!! I think it has great that they lost ALL THE PS2 PROFITS ON THE PS3.

They deserve to be in last because they tried to force gamers to buy blu-ray when it has nothing to do with gaming. Aslo, they PAID OFF MOVIE STUDIOS 500 MILLION to support blu-ray exclusively.....disgusting.

Sony didn't just force the gamers to buy Blu Ray, they used their sales potential.

actually it's ur fault u shouldve resisted more when they pointed the gun at me i acted like i didn't care and it worked, I still haven't bought a ps3 :D

Wow its so funny that people are so pissed off that ps2 whooped ass last generation that they have to make stupid threads dissing it

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"

PS3 IS A WAY BETTER SYSTEM 2009 YOU WILL SEE, MICROSOFT SALES ARE BETTER BECAUSE OF THERE 33 PERCENT FAIL RATE, EVERYBODY I KNOW , WHICH IS A LOT ARE ALL ON THERE 3-AND 4TH 360, ADD THAT TO THERE SALES, MEANWHILE SONY AND NINTENDO ARE LESS THEN 1 PERCENT FAIL RATE,  WITH THOSE NUMBERS I GUESS 360 WOULD SALE MORE, I HAVE HAD MY 360 FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND ALREADY HAD TO SEND IT TO MICROSOFT, IM ON MY SECOND, I HAVE HAD MY PS3 FOR 2 YEARS AND NOT ONE PROBLEM,  

Dark Chaos said:
BladeOfGod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BladeOfGod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BladeOfGod said:
mjc2021 said:
BladeOfGod said:
@mjc2021

You really are obssesd with Sony fanboys arent you? Where did i said my favourite console was PS3? Just to prove you wrong, my favourite console is PS1. And this theard says ''Who here is happy that Xbox is ahed of PlayStation this generation?'' Its not saying PS3, it just says PLAYSTATION. So it can easily be PSP.

So you've decided to go against common sense and just compare the 360 to the PSP? Frankly with your logic the title of this thread is completely false. That's why I call you a Sony fanboy.

Give me one good reason why cant i compare PLAYSTATION Portable with Xbox 360? The theard says, PlayStation, not PS3, so why cant i compare PSP with 360 instead of PS3 with 360??

PSP=Portable console.....therefore it goes up against the DS...which is just a wall of destruction anyway for the PSP.

Nobody mentioned Nintendo here, so why cant i compare PLAYSTATION portable with 360?

Because its not in its category. If you speak of the 360, you speak of all consoles within its generation (IE: Wii and PS3).

Why? This guy just said PlayStation and Xbox not consoles or handhelds.

Please use COMMONSENSE. I know its hard for some ppl. If you looked at the OPs signature and the fact that hes talking about Xbox beating Playstation you will find out your answer.

Why are you so pissed?? Relax a bit. I understood the theard perfectly, and the guy never said PS3, just PlayStation

blackstar said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CMoney said:

Sony didn't just force the gamers to buy Blu Ray, they used their sales potential.

actually it's ur fault u shouldve resisted more when they pointed the gun at me i acted like i didn't care and it worked, I still haven't bought a ps3 :D

I stated that I wasn't buying a PS3 when Kaz Hirai told me to. I stated that I would buy a PS3 when the time was right as it had enough games. Who am I to deny the truth of the PS3's existence? No one should deny it either.