By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII or Dragon Quest IX? Which will have the most imposing Japan sales?

Hmm in Japan, could be interesting, since FF13 isn't coming to the 360. So we have exclusive vs exclusive. My initial thought, just by franchise, is FF, but given the userbase alone for the PS3 vs Wii, I think the victor will be DQIX. If 100% of the PS3 userbase gets FF13, and 40% of the Wii userbase get DQ, then DQ will outsell FF13...... Oh, NM, DQIX is the DS game, I was thinking DQX.

Around the Network

oh damn i thought he was saying DQX

this isn't even a competition with DQ9, DQ9 wins easily

irstupid said:
Cidien said:

I'd bet my life savings DQ will outsell FF.  Always has and probably always will.  Either way though, who cares.  The japanese sales figures are going to be tiny little numbers next to the US and EU sale numbers.  Over here FF will vastly outsell DQ.

ha thats funny, you are true about FF outselling DQ not in Japan.

but Japan numbers being tiny compared to rest of world, that is funny

It will be closer than 99% of games released because japan loves SE RPG's.  But it's just silly if you don't think japanese console game sale numbers are absolutely pathetic this generation.  Japan is loving the handhelds this generation and largely ignoring consoles compared to the rest of the world.

Dragon Quest is more popular than Final Fantasy in Japan. Always has been. Combine that with the DS being the number 1 platform in Japan and FFXIII doesn't stand a chance.

DQ9. The DS userbase compared to the ps3 userbase. This is a no brainer.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

DQ takes it in Japan, FF takes it WW.

lol, you're not even close.

DQIX will sell 1.5 million FIRST DAY. FFXIII is lucky if they sell that FIRST WEEK.
LTD of DQIX will be over the 3 million, probably closer to 4 million. FFXIII won't get close to that.

RED53DEVILS said:
DQ is a rising franchise.FF has already had its peak but cud go back to the top cause its FF

This is so wrong in so many ways, I can't even begin tel tell you.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

DQ 9 will sell more, but it will push almost nothing in hardware

FF13 will sell less in japan but WAY more worlwide, and push alot of hardware.

DQ IX definitely will outsell FF XIII in Japan, was this a serious question?

"Like you know"