By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you care about damage in GT5?

How could you not want to see damage? It is the most important part of it if you ask me.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

I don't see the point of making a game look as realistic as possible if they don't include damage. The point of making a game look so realistic is to help you suspend disbelief and if the car can't get damaged it has to lose it's air of realism.

By all means, make it optional, particularly for online racing but i think it should be in there.

Fei-Hung said:
come to think of it I don't know. The damage would be a nice addition making the game more realistic considering it's a simulator, but it will make the game a he'll of a lot tougher.

PD are perfectionists. If damage is incorporated in gt5, if will be realistic and the way we race will have to change. No more bouncing of Walls in a last minute attempt to catch up or take over.

After careful consideration, I say yes. If gt5 wants to be better in every way and the most realistic, the game requires damage!

its not even close to be a simulator, its more arcade wise.. car damage would be cool, you'll need more training to be good

Nintendo is a constant in life. Nintendo is the place where you can always go to have a great time, whether that is alone or together with friends. Nintendo made dozens of all time classics which are more than just amazing games. Nintendo is a gaming company. Nintendo raised our sorry asses better than a parent ever could. Nintendo is a religion. Nintendo is what drove gaming forward and what continues to drive gaming forward. Nintendo saved gaming in the '80s. Nintendo is saving gaming again right now.

Nintendo IS the industry. Nintendo IS gaming. - BY RolStoppable

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

uhm... they already announced they are adding damage and thats why its taking so much longer then originally expected it would... but yes damage is necessary because if u have a realistic racer ur car needs to take some damage when it hits another car...

Depends on how good the AI is.

If it has good AI I care. Bad AI... I hope it doesn't!

Around the Network

If the AI is anything like GT5:Demo... errr. Prologue, then I don't even want to play it. I am so tired of GT slot car retard AI, I hate people using my car as a guardrail around corners, and I hate the generic tire screech and lawn mover engine sounds that have been a staple of GT since the first game.

I have bought every GT game ever made, and have played them all to 100% completion (well maybe not 2 since you can't) and the first time I played Forza 2 I coudn't believe how much better the game was in every way.

Damage is a must in a sim. While Forza 2's damage isn't perfect by any means, driving like an idiot will cause you to lose, where in GT5:P I could slam the wall at full speed, drive through the grass, cut corners, and never suffer from doing so. Hitting a wall dead on in FM2 puts you out of the race, driving into the sand pits on the side of the track bring you to a near halt, just like in real life. You can still limp after a crash but you are pretty much finished. While some people may not like that I have a suggestion for them, stop sucking and learn to drive. You'll stop crashing as much that way.

I predict Forza 3 is released before GT5, I also predict it will be the better sim, and finally I predict GT5 outsells it by a huge margin despite being inferior.

No

4 ≈ One