By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you care about damage in GT5?

GT games have never had damage yet many other racing games now have damage. Do you care about damage in GT5? Personally I do not because I simply do not care about it and shudder to think of participating in an endurance race with damage in the game. If it was implemented I would rather the damage had an on/off button.

Around the Network

No. Because it will look stupid if a car is falling apart and still racing. And if they make it so if you receive too much damage you're out of the race, I wouldn't like that either. I want to race, not be out because someone rammed me up the arse.

(Not literally ofcourse, xD.)

yes i do it may well be a deciding point for me to buy the game as well as the car list yeah i would like a on off button i also would like the damage not to affect the performance much or a on off button for that

Play Me

Not really.

Never thought about it to be honest - so I guess that means I don't really care. It's absence seems odd now, but I doubt it would bother me.

I tend to see car games as either for out and out fun with lot's of fun crashing stuff (Burnout) or something where I'm concentrating hard not to hit anything and focused on realistic tracks, cars, etc. - e.g. GT.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I tried a racing game that when the car is damaged the control suffers, it was kind of cool

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

come to think of it I don't know. The damage would be a nice addition making the game more realistic considering it's a simulator, but it will make the game a he'll of a lot tougher.

PD are perfectionists. If damage is incorporated in gt5, if will be realistic and the way we race will have to change. No more bouncing of Walls in a last minute attempt to catch up or take over.

After careful consideration, I say yes. If gt5 wants to be better in every way and the most realistic, the game requires damage!

No. Never cared about damage in GT ever.

Xen. Not caring ever since GT1.

I think damage is a must for this game for the realism

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot