By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII will have quite a few differences opposed to the demo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ffxiii-retail-version-changes-detailed

"Square Enix has explained what will be different in the retail version of Final Fantasy XIII compared with the recently-released Japanese demo.

Crucially, levels and summons will be added to FFXIII, according to a list on 1UP that is compiled from various internet destinations.

Battle difficulty will be greatly increased, too, making this "the most difficult Final Fantasy ever", if director Motomu Toriyama is to be believed. And while the demo only focuses on one player, the retail version of the JRPG lets party members be controlled and commanded during battle. We'll be able to see combat from more angles, too.

Chain attacks will be vital in the full game, and no longer will characters continue to attack thin-air if they accidentally kill an enemy at the beginning of a chain. Snow will be tooled up at launch and no longer rely on his bare fists, too.

There's to be an "item" command added for battles, and more segments will be able to be added to the Time Gauge via a new character growth system.

Incidentally, the classic Final Fantasy victory fanfare will be there at launch and Square Enix is considering adding victory poses.

There will also be command shortcuts to speed proceedings, plus we're promised dialogue subtitles and a solid frame rate."

Controling all the characters will be a major difference compared to what people believed it will be till now, as far as I know.

Around the Network

Aaaawwww.. but our meltdown last week about no leveling up was so much fun... http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=68309

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Sweet! That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

"the most difficult Final Fantasy ever"
I really like this part. Love challenges in my games.

Awesome! Everything sounds good. Glad to hear the classic victory music and possibly poses will make a comeback (Unless 12 had them and I just dont remember). I'm also liking that they want to make this the most difficult FF yet. Bring it on S-E!

Around the Network

so u can control other party members after all, nice.

It´s not a big surprise. Demos of FF were always pretty different from final game. For example, leveling weren´t if VIII, X and XII demo.

Hell, there weren´t event menu outside battles, so no char customization either.

In VIII, characters that you don´t know yet (Rinoa).

Rawrizard said:
Awesome! Everything sounds good. Glad to hear the classic victory music and possibly poses will make a comeback (Unless 12 had them and I just dont remember). I'm also liking that they want to make this the most difficult FF yet. Bring it on S-E!

this!  oh and rawrizard, FFXII did have the victory song and dance, but not everytime. basically after bosses

adjohnston10 said:
Rawrizard said:

this!  oh and rawrizard, FFXII did have the victory song and dance, but not everytime. basically after bosses

Ohhh right, so it did then. Honestly, 12 wasn't very memorable for me (aside from Balthier) so I forgot about the bosses.

Rawrizard said:
adjohnston10 said:
Rawrizard said:

Ohhh right, so it did then. Honestly, 12 wasn't very memorable for me (aside from Balthier) so I forgot about the bosses.

yea me neither really. i was against the tide and liked the battle system but the story was a little blah at times. balthier should have been the main character for sure!