By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fanboys that defy logic.

Akvod said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Fei-Hung said:
@Zen Im so sorry bout getting your name wrong, but on a positive note I'm very happy you have a new avatar that is not Clive Owen. I can finally watch a Clive Owen films without remembering you and thinking he hates all things Sony this generation LOL

lol, I never hated Sony, I just don't like their Blu-Ray introduction strategy.

Didn't that strategy let them win the HD format war?

I wouldn't call that a win.  The amount of $$$ they have lost on it; it has currently not become the dominent medium like they expected and is struggling to gain worthwhile marketshare vs DVD; and SONY themselves say it's going to beging being fased out by 2012 = Not a profitable or smart move.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Around the Network
Magera said:
Akvod said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Fei-Hung said:
@Zen Im so sorry bout getting your name wrong, but on a positive note I'm very happy you have a new avatar that is not Clive Owen. I can finally watch a Clive Owen films without remembering you and thinking he hates all things Sony this generation LOL

I wouldn't call that a win.  The amount of $$$ they have lost on it; it has currently not become the dominent medium like they expected and is struggling to gain worthwhile marketshare vs DVD; and SONY themselves say it's going to beging being fased out by 2012 = Not a profitable or smart move.

How will it phase out, when there's barely enough people with HD tvs to make Bluray succesful anyway? I can't see a definition higher than 1080p coming out that soon, when the economic downturn is slowing everything down, from the sales of HD Tvs, Bluray players, and Blu ray disks.

Super HD is still being developed...

YesWiiCan said:
I never even heard of these people.

I'm pretty sure that they've never heard of you either.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Akvod said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Fei-Hung said:

Yeah, but it lost them the console war, and screwed over many gamers, including yourself, if you own a PS3(imho). That's what I'm saying. I care about gaming, not which format my movies are in, which I only rent. The two things are completely unrelated. It's like buying a cheeseburger from Mcdonalds for 100 bucks and justifying it because it came with a free toy.

We're headed off topic though. Back to Fanboys who defy logic.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Me?

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Akvod said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Fei-Hung said:

Yeah, but it lost them the console war, and screwed over many gamers, including yourself, if you own a PS3. That's what I'm saying. I care about gaming, not movie formats.

You bought an HD tv, for plaing HD games, watching HD Tv, but not HD movies???

Aren't you being in a bit of fanboy denial yourself? Honestly, if Bluray became as expensive as DVDs are now, you'll still buy a cheaper DVD, because you don't care about movies in HD? Or all of a sudden, owning movies doesn't appeal to you now, as it did during the SD era, and it's all about Netflix?

As for me, I'm not that interested in MS's first party games, and the review scores for many of the 360 exclusive JRPGs were mediocre, and a lot of JRPGs were only timed exclusives anyway (I'm going to be busy once it's the summer... if I get money).

I enjoy watching a movie I really really want, or when I find a really nice bargain on Bluray (yes they are too expensive as of now, for me to buy any movie I want on the whim). The difference in quality is huge IMO, and I enjoy it a lot. I believe that every penny I spent on the PS3 was worth it as well.

I could care less about the system wars personally, as long as it doesn't mean the PS3 will do a Dreamcast (which it won't at this point) or it loses exclusives (which it probably won't, due to the multi-platform trend that has been occuring in the industry, and the huge first party support Sony has).

Akvod said:

You bought an HD tv, for plaing HD games, watching HD Tv, but not HD movies???

Aren't you being in a bit of fanboy denial yourself? Honestly, if Bluray became as expensive as DVDs are now, you'll still buy a cheaper DVD, because you don't care about movies in HD? Or all of a sudden, owning movies doesn't appeal to you now, as it did during the SD era, and it's all about Netflix?

Reaching, aren't you? I said I didn't like Sony's strategy. I didn't say I would rather watch my movies in SD. Sony made gamers become early adopters which costs us money that casual adopters won't have to pay. We paid for their format, just to own a PS3, because Sony knew we would. If I didn't want to have a Blu-Ray player bundled with my console(which I have to pay for, btw), then I couldn't pick the PS3. If I HAD to have a PS3, I had to be an early adopter of their new movie format, which I had to pay for. It's a simple marketing scheme. Contrary to your beliefs, not everyone "should want" a Blu-Ray machine just because they have an HDTV. Especially if the BR machine is gonna make them pay an extra 200 bucks on top of their already expensive video-game console.

I'm don't download games/movies online, and I'm not paying for XBL. I'm not in "fanboy denial." You just failed to grasp my meaning, and you are upset because I don't like the same things you like. Stop posting off topic, lets steer the discussion in a more positive direction.

Don't call me a fanboy, btw.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Smeags said:
luinil said:
BTFeather55.... You remember the Atari thread...

He was just an alt for Paul_Warren, so it makes sense.

OT: Uh... uh... I'd have to say Twestern. The worst kind of fanboy: The Evil twin! *shudders*

lol I see they finally figured he was an alt account.  I remember Paul_Warren going into my Animal Crossing: City Folk FC thread and just rammed the game for being the same old same old blah blah blah which got him a ban by a few people that reported him for that.  You could not argue against Paul_Warren/BTFeather55 he would just come back at you with some off the wall shit like oh E.T. on Atari was awesome.

1337 Gamer said:
megaman.2

Ditto...How is this douche not on the list?

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

madman25 said:
1337 Gamer said:
megaman.2

Ditto...How is this douche not on the list?

I third the nomination. Oh I hope he get's a trophy. I want to design it.