By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Chrono Trigger Overrated?

oh hell no. Its the favorite game of all time for myself and many others.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

If you ask me for my 100% personal opinion, then yes. Why is that? Because RPGs are very far from being my favorite genre, and so I cannot quite say it's one of the best games of all time.

However, if you ask me to put my personal genre preference aside, and judge it by it's merits by comparing it to other games in the same genre, then no, it is not overrated. Especially not considering it has several different endings. In a JRPG. That hardly happens nowadays, let alone in 1995.

twesterm said:

You can ask, I just figure there's a reason behind asking or else why would you even bother?

The first 11 words of that second sentence in his OP are the only reason this thread exists.  That much should be obvious.

zexen_lowe said:
A bit. It's a great game, but I've played better JRPGs ...

...now. No doubt about it.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

no it is not, for it's generation it was underrated like everyone else said here. If someone plays it in this day and age for the first time then I can see them saying maybe it's overrated.

Around the Network

I'm playing it right now for the first time and it is incredible, a sequel is a must

jorge13130 said:

I'm playing it right now for the first time and it is incredible, a sequel is a must

Probably not going to happen. People have been clamoring for a sequel for ages. They got one, in Chrono Cross, but it wasn't nearly as popular ... Not sure why, I never played it myself. I don't think Square will be revisiting the Chrono franchise, to be honest. Though it'd be great if they did.

Just a bit for me. It's great, but it's not the ebst ever.

SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
A bit. It's a great game, but I've played better JRPGs ...

...now. No doubt about it.

Yes. But also from those years too. FFVI came out before. Suikoden I came out six months later. I found both better than CT

jorge13130 said:

it is easily the best RPG on the SNES. So no it isnt overated. hell i'm even playing through the game again. I'm like 12 hours in and loving it lol PSP emulation FTW

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st