By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Chrono Trigger Overrated?

zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
A bit. It's a great game, but I've played better JRPGs ...

...now. No doubt about it.

Yes. But also from those years too. FFVI came out before. Suikoden I came out six months later. I found both better than CT

Really, did you play FFVI at the time? I don't remember you told me you had a SNES. ;)

And yes, obviously, Suikoden I came out later. This is exactly my point.

Also, Chrono Cross felt more like a spiritual sequel than a real one. He's probably talking a sequel with the same characters, or at least sons of the same characters!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:

Yes. But also from those years too. FFVI came out before. Suikoden I came out six months later. I found both better than CT

Really, did you play FFVI at the time? I don't remember you told me you had a SNES. ;)

Also, Chrono Cross felt more like a spiritual sequel than a real one. He's probably talking a sequel with the same characters, or at least sons of the same characters!

No, I did not play it at the time. But I played both. In fact, I played CT before FF6, and still found FF6 better

zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:

No, I did not play it at the time. But I played both. In fact, I played CT before FF6, and still found FF6 better

Well, what can I say. We all know how FFVI is getting all the fame, why not share a bit of it with Chrono Trigger? I'd say it deserves a spot at #2-3 for best RPG on the SNES, don't ya think? =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

People, how can you leave Earthbound out like that?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:

Well, what can I say. We all know how FFVI is getting all the fame, why not share a bit of it with Chrono Trigger? I'd say it deserves a spot at #2-3 for best RPG on the SNES, don't ya think? =P

Well, considering that I only played two other SNES RPGs (FF4 and FF5), and didn't like much either (I liked FF5 better than FF4), yes, it deserves it, not that it's much merit in my case

Around the Network
dystopia said:
not a chance, chrono trigger is a wonderful experience.

Exactly what Dystopia said, in fact, his avatar clearly reflects your political views if you didn't like Chrono Trigger ;D

What are you looking at, nerd?

SHMUPGurus, you should know better than to fall for Zexen's trolling.

^ Right. He has no taste in games! =P

Random game thought :

SHMUPGurus said:

Yeah, you're not one to talk, you didn't finish Suikoden....

And be careful with what you say, I have incriminatory posts of yours stored, you don't want me to bring them up, right?

zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Yeah, you're not one to talk, you didn't finish Suikoden....

And be careful with what you say, I have incriminatory posts of yours stored, you don't want me to bring them up, right?

What? You don't like it when I say orange definitely makes you look sexy?

Fine... :(

Random game thought :