By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Something About Your Avatar

Blacksaber said:

It's from FMA anime series but the pic is from the movie...

How'd you import your GIF?

and create it?

Around the Network
CHYUII said:
Akvod said:

LOL

That's one way to win. Actually that would be the best and only way for me to beat a 2D fighter. I never have defeated one. The furthest I have been is in Street Fighter 3, I loved playing the African woman who only kicks.

What's the Series about?

From Wikipedia:

A high school girl named Haruhi Suzumiya is obsessed with the supernatural and forms the SOS Brigade to investigate mysterious happenings. Narrated by her classmate Kyon, who had given up his belief in the supernatural before meeting her, the story follows as Haruhi and those around her are drawn into surreal situations and a world full of fantasies. After Haruhi forms her club, she forcefully drafts Kyon, who decides to stay in the club to protect other helpless victims of Haruhi's "voluntary arrests". As the series progress, Haruhi recruits three additional members into her club, without realizing they are the very things she is seeking. Among them are Yuki Nagato, a silent bibliophile who is actually an artificial human created by the extraterrestrial Integrated Data Entity; shy and timid Mikuru Asahina who is also a time traveler; and the always smiling Itsuki Koizumi who is always willing give in to Haruhi's strange demands and is actually one of many espers in an organization known as The Agency.

Each of the members, except Kyon, are secret agents who were sent to observe Haruhi because she herself has unique powers she is unaware of. Haruhi possesses a superhuman control over the universe, so when she becomes dissatisfied with reality, she subconsciously creates a new universe—one more to her liking—and attempts to switch over, thus leading to the destruction of the current universe. In order to prevent this, the members of Haruhi's club spend their time attempting to keep their god-like leader entertained, hold her powers in check, and maintain the illusion of a normal life.

I watched the first season, and thought it was funny (but a bit too over hyped because of the memes), but as soon as I read the light novels I got hooked to the franchise. Or maybe it's just that the later books are REALLY interesting as opposed to the great first novel. I really can't wait for the next season, which will focus on the character in my avatar (Yuki Nagato).

To sum up the series as a whole (including the light novels), it's a medley of different genre's particuarly Sci-fi and some  mystery. There's some High Schools anime aspects as well, but not really the usual stuff. The main attraction though becomes the characters, and their developments and mysteries. They're memorable (as demonstrated by the memes), likeable, and interesting, and you want to stay with the series to see what happens to them, and what their true motivations are.

Supposibly its from some Super Mario Strikers concept art, but I'm really not too sure.

I just cut out the rest of the original pic and kept the part I liked.

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" -Shigeru Miyamoto

Currently Playing - Metroid Zero Mission

>15% ending
Normal Hard <2hrs <100% Normal Hard
<2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 2-4hrs <100% Normal Hard
>2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 4+hrs <100% Normal Hard

Fragile. That's all you need to know.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Akvod said:
CHYUII said:
Akvod said:

LOL

That's one way to win. Actually that would be the best and only way for me to beat a 2D fighter. I never have defeated one. The furthest I have been is in Street Fighter 3, I loved playing the African woman who only kicks.

What's the Series about?

From Wikipedia:

A high school girl named Haruhi Suzumiya is obsessed with the supernatural and forms the SOS Brigade to investigate mysterious happenings. Narrated by her classmate Kyon, who had given up his belief in the supernatural before meeting her, the story follows as Haruhi and those around her are drawn into surreal situations and a world full of fantasies. After Haruhi forms her club, she forcefully drafts Kyon, who decides to stay in the club to protect other helpless victims of Haruhi's "voluntary arrests". As the series progress, Haruhi recruits three additional members into her club, without realizing they are the very things she is seeking. Among them are Yuki Nagato, a silent bibliophile who is actually an artificial human created by the extraterrestrial Integrated Data Entity; shy and timid Mikuru Asahina who is also a time traveler; and the always smiling Itsuki Koizumi who is always willing give in to Haruhi's strange demands and is actually one of many espers in an organization known as The Agency.

Each of the members, except Kyon, are secret agents who were sent to observe Haruhi because she herself has unique powers she is unaware of. Haruhi possesses a superhuman control over the universe, so when she becomes dissatisfied with reality, she subconsciously creates a new universe—one more to her liking—and attempts to switch over, thus leading to the destruction of the current universe. In order to prevent this, the members of Haruhi's club spend their time attempting to keep their god-like leader entertained, hold her powers in check, and maintain the illusion of a normal life.

I watched the first season, and thought it was funny (but a bit too over hyped because of the memes), but as soon as I read the light novels I got hooked to the franchise. Or maybe it's just that the later books are REALLY interesting as opposed to the great first novel. I really can't wait for the next season, which will focus on the character in my avatar (Yuki Nagato).

To sum up the series as a whole (including the light novels), it's a medley of different genre's particuarly Sci-fi and some  mystery. There's some High Schools anime aspects as well, but not really the usual stuff. The main attraction though becomes the characters, and their developments and mysteries. They're memorable (as demonstrated by the memes), likeable, and interesting, and you want to stay with the series to see what happens to them, and what their true motivations are.

Manga and anime are awesome things- I like the fact that they blend genre's so unabashedly and they do not say they are sorry.

They create wonderful flavours in fiction.

I will try to get my hand on it.

Around the Network
SuperMario1 said:

Supposibly its from some Super Mario Strikers concept art, but I'm really not too sure.

I just cut out the rest of the original pic and kept the part I liked.

Mario looks cool no matter what. Anytime a high plumber can look cool is a picture worth keeping I always say. =-P

CHYUII said:
Akvod said:

LOL

What's the Series about?

i think Mugen is a free PC 2-D fighter where people actually download the fighter's off the internet, its fully costumizable like this video

c03n3nj0 said:

You're lazy =/ I'll do it for you.

c03n3nj0 said:

Yes it is. I assume that the game appeals to you on a personal level, and not that you are one of the developers of the game.

If you are one of the developers  am excited about the game, and put Bjork in the game.

PullusPardus said:
CHYUII said:
Akvod said:

LOL

What's the Series about?

i think Mugen is a free PC 2-D fighter where people actually download the fighter's off the internet, its fully costumizable like this video

Nice. Somebody download it and see if it works.