By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PS3 in US selling bad? Americans Nationalists? Buy American?

Yes. I take everything which the media reports with grain of salt.

No country has the right to decide by himself to invade the authority of another country, if one does, I call it: declare war. Just because the government of another country does not please me, I can not send my army - Full Stop. Did Saddam send any tanks, missiles etc. to the US? Did G.W. Bush send Missiles to Iraq?

BUT STOP!!! This is Off Topic...

Software is like Sex, it is better when it is free!

Around the Network

So the conclusion is: XBOX is selling much better in the US, because it is cheaper... It is not about Value, it is about Price...

This seams to be a cultural difference at least between Germans and US Americans.

Laffer said:
CMoney said:

hy would you call bush the "king of war"  - You sound like an ignorant fool

Do you know history ??  Have you heard of ADOLF HITLER???  HAVE YOU HEARD OF JOSEPH STALIN or POL POT, or IDI AMIN????  HIROHITO ring a bell????

These are the kings of war .  You need to do some research before you mouth off about things....you probably owe your freedom and existence to Americans.

Waoooohhh....

Yes, I heard of all of them... Very bad bad bad guys.

But it does not Bush make better. He is some kind of modern King of War. If the Germans would have invaded Iraq like G.W. did it, everyone in the whole world would have said: The germans are declaring war against Iraq. The americans setup the UN decades ago, and the UN did not agree on this war, there was no mandate for it, but the did it together with their english drones... But let's not discuss politics here, otherwise flame wars will come up...

And last, we owe nothing to the US.

Ummmm you need a history lesson - the USA gave 13 BILLION DOLLARS TO rebuild germany after world war 2 - it's called the marshall plan - Germany has not paid back 1 cent of that debt.  So yes, you do owe americans something.

The UN was NOT opposed to the iraq war - once again you don't know history.  None of the 5 permanent security council members vetoed the resoloution.

The german media is just as bias as any other country - of course you are still bitter that your prescious fatherland was destroyed by the allies. 

Laffer said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet, but why isn't the TC questioning MS's HORRIBLE sales in Japan, is it because Japanese are more anti-American?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. Because for a long time, XBOX did not have these strange manga style games japanese people like... Since there are these strange games, XBOX is doing better now...

You do know that Japanese consumers reserve the right to deny outside competition if they have a brand in their country who has the same product as an outsider? Japanese consumers hold a high level of nationalism. The only reason the 360 is doing better (Which still isn't much) is because of price and the fact that JRPG's went multiplatform.

yo_john117 said:
Laffer said:
CMoney said:

hy would you call bush the "king of war"  - You sound like an ignorant fool

Do you know history ??  Have you heard of ADOLF HITLER???  HAVE YOU HEARD OF JOSEPH STALIN or POL POT, or IDI AMIN????  HIROHITO ring a bell????

These are the kings of war .  You need to do some research before you mouth off about things....you probably owe your freedom and existence to Americans.

Waoooohhh....

Yes, I heard of all of them... Very bad bad bad guys.

But it does not Bush make better. He is some kind of modern King of War. If the Germans would have invaded Iraq like G.W. did it, everyone in the whole world would have said: The germans are declaring war against Iraq. The americans setup the UN decades ago, and the UN did not agree on this war, there was no mandate for it, but the did it together with their english drones... But let's not discuss politics here, otherwise flame wars will come up...

And last, we owe nothing to the US.

Wow you are a twisted person when it comes to world politics and such.

What the media doesn't mention is how happy most of the iraqi people are that america freed them from sudams dictatorship, the media only shows the very worst out of every situation, and if you really believe the crap that the media spews out then your really are a tool.  Take everything that the media says with a freakin dumptruck full of salt.

I hate to join in with the political chat since we're talking about games, but Iraq is a torn country since we occupied their country and implanted "democracy". Alot of them are glad we got rid of Saddam, but they want us to get the **** out.

Around the Network

It really makes me wonder when I see someone twice my age that apparently has half my common sense.

In response to a post above actually Laffer you owe every thing to America, if it wasn't for them defeating Hitler you probably wouldn't have video game consoles in your country, not to mention you would probably be enlisted in the army with no personal freedom. I don't agree with a lot of things America does but you of all people owe them everything.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Laffer said:

I am always wondering why in US the PS3 is doing bad compared to Europe... Are the american just Microsoft Zombies or are they following the "King of War" G.W. Bush words "BUY AMERICAN"?

I mean in Europe the PS3 was selling much better than the XBOX360 until M$ lowered their prices below 200 EUR. And even now, at this hefty almost 200 EUR difference between PS3 and XBOX360 Arcade, still PS3 is following the XBOX on the heels...

I personally would never consider buying a M$ console just because of their RULE THE WORLD attitude...

But now, if I try to get it objective:

PS3 has Bluray, a standalone Player in this Quality is at least 200US$.

I would think that most people buying XBOX or PS3 will have a HD capable TV set (LCD or Plasma), so to have good quality movies require BD, or big Harddrives for Downloading...

PS3 has still a value advantage, if you compare all options....

Which system, of the two, costs less to be able to play the same games?  And note, the answer is GAMES here.  If you take a look at the Wii in the United States, it doesn't even play DVDs, and costs more than a 360.  How you can ask this question of the 360 is a bit absurd, considering what the Wii is doing.

Laffer said:
So the conclusion is: XBOX is selling much better in the US, because it is cheaper... It is not about Value, it is about Price...

This seams to be a cultural difference at least between Germans and US Americans.

Um....yes...its both value and price. As i've said before, Microsoft made it extremely hard for the consumers to tell the difference between an 360 and PS3, because they share so many multiplatformers and few exclusives.

wow this thread is shockingly bad. f*** politics, try talking about video games. or don't talk about video games. I've got a feeling this flame war is only starting.

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do." -- Bertrand Russell

CMoney said:

Ummmm you need a history lesson - the USA gave 13 BILLION DOLLARS TO rebuild germany after world war 2 - it's called the marshall plan - Germany has not paid back 1 cent of that debt.  So yes, you do owe americans something.

The UN was NOT opposed to the iraq war - once again you don't know history.  None of the 5 permanent security council members vetoed the resoloution.

The german media is just as bias as any other country - of course you are still bitter that your prescious fatherland was destroyed by the allies. 

I do not like to even answer that... Yes, you gave the germans money. You implanted the american companies very strongly in germany. Remember Merck Phamaceutical, they were germans, but US just took them over and turned their assest into american, thats why there are 2 of them now.

And I am not bitter about it, it is history, it was different times. Many people had their stake in it and we should learn from history. Never things like this should happen again and that is maybe, why especially germans are sensible on the World Police behaving US. AND YOU ARE WRONG, the UN never agreed on it, there was never an order from UN. Just the contrary was the case.