By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - For everyone complaining about us NINTENDIANS saying "It will have legs"...

I think the price of the games has a lot to do w/ the legs of it. PS360 games cost a lot .... so people are more tempted to buy Used which eats into the new sales.... but with Wii games its not that big o deal to buy new.

Around the Network

I prefer "Nintendoid".

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
I prefer "Nintendoid".

I'm going to make sure the term "Nintendian" becomes known and used by all!

I have been keeping a running tab just like this for a while now. I also made a few threads several months ago on it too. Glad I'm not the only one seeing the real facts.

Here's my list (will contain repeats from your list).

Games - WW launch week - WW current total.

Bully: Scholarship Edition - 29k - 400k
No More Heroes - 72k - 400k
My Word Coach - 3k - 420k
007: Quantum of Solace - 41k - 430k
Need for Speed Carbon - 15k - 440k
Top Spin 3 - 29k - 450k
Samba De Amigo - 26k - 540k
Trauma Center: Second Opinion - 44k - 540k
Ghost Squad - 61k - 630k
de Blob - 23k - 650k
NERF N-Strike - 9k - 720k
The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels - 59k - 730k
MySims Kingdom - 35k - 750k
Need for Speed: ProStreet - 52k - 830k
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - 167k - 830k
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII - 14k - 840k
Sega Superstars Tennis - 61k - 860k
Guinness World Records - 29k - 860k
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - 12k - 880k
My Fitness Coach - 62k - 880k
Sonic Unleashed - 72k - 890k
Boom Blox - 57k - 910k

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I'm a Nintendoid, for the record. Don't own a Wii...yet, might not. Will I lose my Nintendoid status if I don't but one? And how about "Nintendophile"?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Great OP majin. The word of mouth concept is still alive and well.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

COKTOE said:
I'm a Nintendoid, for the record. Don't own a Wii...yet, might not. Will I lose my Nintendoid status if I don't but one? And how about "Nintendophile"?

It is ok if you don’t but one but if you don't buy one then it is not ok!

Majin why not make a thread and spread the word to let every Nintendo fan know what they really should be called. We are the ancient Nintendians ;) :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

@Viper out of all the games you listed the one which suprises me the most (even much more suprising than Boom Blox) is Boogie. There was so much talk of this game being a complete failure when it got released. I guess the problem was its sales were being compared to Guitar Hero.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

mike_intellivision said:
What is interesting of the five examples on HD consoles listed

Two were bundles (which skews things)
Two were casual games -- more like those found on the Wii.
One was a traditional game -- Uncharted.

Mike from Morgantown

Viva Pinata, Kung Fu Panda and Sega Superstar Tennis were all bundled.

Singstar Wasn't bundled

Uncharted was bundled too, but not nearly as much as the ones above.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

yeah i have to agree with you

the majority of wii games that sell big numbers do so over a long period of time, of course there are some games that have big opening weeks but not many

that's why i am not upset about madworld sales, and this is why I won't be upset if The Conduit doesn't sell over a few hundred thousand its first week

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.