By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Play Wii games off an HDD. Its a reality. (Just like the hospital Wiis.)

this is so bad : (

Nintendo would be no wrong to sent an assasin to kill these hackers : P

i hope Wii does not end up like PSP, Nintendo needs to release a new HD Wii (like Sony did with PSP) with more features which totally blocks away this shit

maybe it's a reason hardcore games don't sell that much on Wii

edit: i've searched it and i've found that the new Wii that are on the market are "unhackable" you can say

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Well, even though you may be honest and actually have real copies of the games you have backed up, the majority of people who use/are going to be using this app probably just got the game illegally. Even Microsoft's update still make sure you have the disc on start-up. I'm sure there are people into the homebrew scene that use it outside of pirating, but I'm guessing a large number of homebrew users aren't.

HappySquirrel, vaio is right. Unless you have the most recent firmware (4.00 i believe), you can install HBC and a plethora of apps without a hardware mod. Regardless, the idea that this is only for pirates or just a negative thing is really misleading. It gives you a wide range of functionality that nintendo didn't include, such as the ability to play games from another region.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

The problem of this it's that the most of people will abuse and get the games illegally, right now i could understand this as a way to play games like Tatsunoko, Fatal Frame IV or Disaster. Since even nintendo blocked the FreeLoader, so unless you use the Homebrew Channel you can't make your Wii region free. But the people doing the things right ("Legally")with Homebrew are the least.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

ameratsu said:

HappySquirrel, vaio is right. Unless you have the most recent firmware (4.00 i believe), you can install HBC and a plethora of apps. Regardless, the idea that this is only for pirates or just a negative thing is really misleading. It gives you a wide range of functionality that nintendo didn't include, such as the ability to play games from another region.

Plus you can actually downgrade your Wii from 4.0 and still get the homebrew channel installed. The homebrew channel does do good things such as allowing certain regions the chance to play certain titles that may not make it out of one particular region. If you want to play Fatal Frame 4 really bad then the homebrew channel is the way to go.. Plus you can delete the channel at any time which is a good thing. 

Around the Network
ZaP~ said:
The problem of this it's that the most of people will abuse and get the games illegally, right now i could understand this as a way to play games like Tatsunoko, Fatal Frame IV or Disaster. Since even nintendo blocked the FreeLoader, so unless you use the Homebrew Channel you can't make your Wii region free. But the people doing the things right ("Legally")with Homebrew are the least.

I doubt it's a big deal because those who want to pirate games will find a way to do it. While it's true that this is easier and less risky than a hardware mod, I doubt this will ever be worse than say DS flash cards.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Will ask for a thread lock and I will never mention Hombrew on this site again its ridiculous.

Btw PSP didnt fail becuase of fucking pirating if failed because DS is the better handheld. DS is 100x easier to hack than PSP and you dont see it in a fucked up state like the PSP.

Whatever end thread.

This is a good way to backup your games imo. What if like vaio said, your disc drive stops working, or maybe one of your games gets scratched. I do agree with others though. Having said that, this will DEFINITELY be used mostly by pirates, and the people who use it excessively will be the ones who pirate their games. Everybody else, unless they have a major problem with playing disc games, probably will use it for only about 1 or 2 games that they play a lot(mostly online games) and don't want to switch discs too much between play times.

It'd be hilarious if this was announced as being supported in some future firmware update. Useful! But hilarious.