By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Play Wii games off an HDD. Its a reality. (Just like the hospital Wiis.)

Just look at the following videos. The first is basic USB loader (which already looks good)and the second is cover flow demonstration that will eventually be implemented.

Im not gonna explain just watch the videos they are self explanatory.

I dont have a HDD yet but when I do I will be doing this and everyone will be jealous!XD

NOTE: As far as I know the mods said its ok to talk about hombrew. Im not telling you pirate or do any of that other shit. Just watch some awesome homebrew at work to see what the Wii is actually capable of and whats possible. I have a hacked Wii and Im using it to its fullest potential.

Hacking isnt pirating either so I honestly recommend doing it. It honestly lets the Wii do so much more.

Around the Network

Still have to mod... Not really that much of a revolution. You went from playing the games off of burned discs to playign them off of a HDD.

BTW, have fun with the next update :D

I DO NOT support WiiPirates, btw.

wen the update comes u will b mad
SCREW PIRATES

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

To ignorant posters who know nothing.

I can see Nintendo clamping down on this with the next firmware... and then another exploit that allows it... and then the next firmware closes the exploit.

Either way, I don't have trouble switching discs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
I can see Nintendo clamping down on this with the next firmware... and then another exploit that allows it... and then the next firmware closes the exploit.

Either way, I don't have trouble switching discs.

Nah. You just wait a bit. The hackers always find again simple way to update and keep all functions. Happend with 4.0 quickly.

Im surprised more people dont care. When the hospital videos came out people were excited. I guess just because its homebrew everyone thinks its bad. Whatever.

Waninkoko is one of the greatest hackers I've ever seen. But seriously, having your own original games is way much better. Ut keeps you close to your console. Having a shitload of games you won't play even half of them.

I have my Wii pirated too. Just with a modchip, and I have many original games. Some of them I buy just to have and use the backups x)

L.C.E.C. said:
Still have to mod... Not really that much of a revolution. You went from playing the games off of burned discs to playign them off of a HDD.

BTW, have fun with the next update :D

I DO NOT support WiiPirates, btw.

There is only softmodding ivolved and no chipmodding,you don´t even have to softmod your Wii to be able to play burned discs and only use the usb loaader program instead of full softmod (that way only your originals will work on your wii but your stíll able to play games from the medias i present in the last sentence.

i´ve been using this method for a while now, lucky for me this came ou at the same time my Wiidvd drive stopped working so now I can still play my games and don´t have to buy a new wii.

Just put your games on the hd through the computer and your set, you can even use sd card now that Nintendo opened up that ability with their latest update. So ow you hae the choice of putting your full retail games on hd,usb or sd card.

The updates are no problem they download the updates and strip them of the stuff that would stop this and keep the rest that you actually need so there isn´t much Nintndo can do about it, but on the other hand there is a new generation of Wii that came out a month or so ago wich are inpossible (so far) to use and of the Homebrew of softmodes available so if you wanna take use of this make sure your Wii that your buying isn´t the latest batch. 

This is a great addition to the Wii and through this it has become a fullfledge mediacenter.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

nice.

usually it's only the hardcore who are into modding their consoles, so Nintendo's main market the casuals won't be affected, although having said that, the modding could be hurting the hardcore game sales, hence why games like no more heroes, madworld, and zack and wiki had bad sales, just a thought on this.

Also, I'd love to do this my self with any consoles, I own the games, so I should have a right to back them up to protect them.