By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis Hands On - Ice Level - IGN

It looks great, I saw the vid yesterday.

mM
Around the Network

Pure awesomeness. Good to see that there's something aside from jungles. The open environment really feels very... real.

Anyone know what type of rig they were using for gameplay. I know at one of the shows they said it was running in high with some slowdown with a 8800 card and 4gb's of ram.

It's probably on a similar machine...this is a work in progress currently shown though, the fps will be higher, not choppy, etc.

And this is DX9, I know that.  They may be using a DX10 card like an 8800, but they showed this level using DX9 to show that it can still look freakin awesome without DX10.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I read somewhere they had a quad-core with dual 8800s and 4gigs of ram at the E3 demo.... but that was DX10 so what you´ll really need is a different question. I´d bet a dual-core and a 8800 with 2gigs of ram is the minimum to play ith though.

Anybody else here ever buy or rent a game where the min. specs where not even close to what you need ??? Sometimes the box just sayes you need a 128mb DX9 card...... that could be anything, from great to garbage.