By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Little King's Story thread of pure joy and awesome

I have not played it yet (2.5 more days can't wait!)

But don't let the looks fool you, the game is supposed to be very deep and contain a lot of intellectual ideas and themes. IGN Australia gave it a 9.1 and Nintendo Power gave it a 9/10. It is currently the 10th best game as rated by critics for the wii.

The gameplay has been described as a cross between Pikmin, Harvest Moon, and Animal Crossing, with a bunch of originality thrown in.

I'd suggest going to metacritic and reading some of the reviews from there

Around the Network

Tomorrow I'll be a little king.

^

Me too, and the wait is killing me!

Hyperion said:
I am really considering buying this game again. I can't read all those posts, sorry, :s
can someone tell me why I should buy it?
Can this game be played a "hardcore" (sorry) gamer? I really want to sink my teeth into a game for a while. One that doesn't have online. I miss those games.

Obviously I haven't played it yet myself, but I think it's fair to say I know quite a bit about the game by now. Anyhow, you should buy it because it's a well-crafted Pikmin-esque game with a great artstyle and dark sense of humor. There's plenty of stuff to do (it takes easily over twenty hours to beat it, assuming you rush through and don't do all the sidequests: if you DO do everything, you're looking at eighty hours or so). So far the critics have been loving it (it's the number ten Wii game on Metacritic), and from the many people on this site (and other forums) who I've talked to, only one person thought it was less than fantastic. That person was RolStoppable, but do you really want to listen to the opinion of a guy who hates Chrono Trigger?

I am now about 25 hours into the game, and it really is that good. To me its a bit like Pikmin meets Swords & Soldiers, and i loved both.

Its got a few minor flaws, for example the lack of IR use, but there is so much in this game to compensate for all the flaws. Its also really nice to play a game on the Wii with so much depth; this is not a 3 hour game by any means!!!!

A lot of games get recommended on this site, but this one is definitely worth all the praise it is getting. I got this game partly thanks to this thread, and i am really happy i did. Though my work is suffering a tad.

I just hope this game appears in a few more stores in the US than it did in Europe, because this game is really impossible to find in Europe. Has anyone even ever seen this game in a store? I had to get my copy from Amazon!!

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

i have now learned a vailuable lesson from this thread. don't listen to rol stoppable, he doesn't know what the $%^ he's talking about. also.....

^%$% YOU GAMESTOP. MAKING ME WAIT TILL WEDNESDAY FOR THE GAME!!!!! ARE YOU REALLY THAT LAZY!?!?!

sorry folks, just letting off a little steam.

i wonder howm any preorders there are for this game in the us? anyone got any numbers? sales predictions? hate letters to rol?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network

It' settled :)
I preordered from Gamestop and will be picking it up on Wednesday. I will have to sell Deadly Creatures, Overkill and Deblob to get enough money, but I will never play those games again, so I don't feel bad.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:
It' settled :)
I preordered from Gamestop and will be picking it up on Wednesday. I will have to sell Deadly Creatures, Overkill and Deblob to get enough money, but I will never play those games again, so I don't feel bad.

well, if this game is as amazing as you pal folk are hyping it up to be, than that's a great deal!

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Funny story: I get a call from Ashley (the Gamestop system) telling me the game came in today, come 'n get it. I arrive after work, the employee's obviously never heard of the game, and.....the game's not there.

Computer shows it shipped, a shipment of a ton of other games arrived that morning, the computer says LKS has already arrived at the store (hence the message: 14 copies! Good news considering how small the store is!)...and LKS is a no-show. The guy (who received the shipment himself) says he doesn't remember it coming in, but hopefully tomorrow? Even though that store never gets shipments on Wednesday?

I like how the universe occasionally uses me to amuse itself. Really, I do!

I''m picking this up tomorrow afternoon, just cant wait I wonder at what time it will come in at.

"Like you know"

i'm going to go pick it up in a few hours. god i hope the same thing doesn't happen to me noname :(.