By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name a Stupid Trend in Gaming That You Think Needs to Stop.

'Casual' games that sell millions. It just encourages companies not to make REAL games.

Around the Network
Killzowned said:
'Casual' games that sell millions. It just encourages companies not to make REAL games.

Casual is in the eye of the beholder. I find Halo Wars, Halo, Killzone, GoW. Quite simple and "casual."

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

- Those goddamn 'International' Versions (Square Enix, rawr!)

- Releasing a game at a sub-1.0 version with the intent to finish it later via patches (iPhone!)

- Sequelizing a series to death for profit without making the games good enough quality to justify the overreleasing (Guitar Hero, hell, all Activision games).

- The Pokemon instant remake series (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, whatever the Mystery Dungeon 2 one is called)

Lack of split-screen multiplayer. I want to play co-op with a friend on the same YV.

DLC that should be free. About 10% of DLC is good and worth paying for. The rest should be free updates.

DRM and Piracy. They go hand-in-hand an both need to die.

Monthly fee to play online. (I am looking at you MS) I hope Sony does not follow Microsoft's lead next gen and start to charge for what has always been free.

not all of these are trends, but:

DLC that's already on the disc

exclusive DLC for a multiplatform game

charging lazy people to unlock certain items in the game. it's called cheat codes..

Quick Time Events (RE5 has way too many. give it a rest already)

Paid online model

Collectors editions that aren't really collectable (and quickly decrease in value).

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

lack of cover systems in FPS

the DLC problem doesnt bother me much

Play Me

I was also going to say that DLC thing.

speech. I dont need to hear some 12 year old dropping the f bomb every 10 seconds. If I want that, I'll listen to an Eminem song. Stop ruining gaming with your ignorance!!

spacecowgoesmoo said:

- Releasing a game at a sub-1.0 version with the intent to finish it later via patches (iPhone!)

- Sequelizing a series to death for profit without making the games good enough quality to justify the overreleasing (Guitar Hero, hell, all Activision games).

- The Pokemon instant remake series (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, whatever the Mystery Dungeon 2 one is called)

What is an International Version.

spacecowgoesmoo said:

Iam kind of up in the air about the Guitar Hero thing. But I guess, I guess you are right. I have never played it but I have kind of looked over at the people who keep dropping money with each new edition and I think, "It must be REALLY fun."

I kind of get the same thought about the people who play Sports games. Sometimes there are big improvement but most of the time the changes are soooo small from year to year. "It must be fun!"