By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yahoo: The 'Wii Crash' of 2009

It's funny that when Wii was absolutely coasting in Japan everyone would say how small the Japanese market is and of how little importance it bears. But as soon as Wii slips in Japan apparently it's the most important market for deciding trends everywhere else. I don't know if there is a better definition of hypocrisy.

Around the Network

They need to try better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
They need to try better.

I understand fully that Ninty needs to do more to continue strong sales in Japan for both DS and Wii.  But I must ask if they need to do better, then what the hell does MS and Sony need to do more of who are only selling as much on a normal basis while they are at the bottom of the barrel and still well behind the marks they set?  Please what aren't they trying in Japan that they should obviously be doing.

Zucas said:
outlawauron said:
They need to try better.

I understand fully that Ninty needs to do more to continue strong sales in Japan for both DS and Wii.  But I must ask if they need to do better, then what the hell does MS and Sony need to do more of who are only selling as much on a normal basis while they are at the bottom of the barrel and still well behind the marks they set?  Please what aren't they trying in Japan that they should obviously be doing.

Nintendo is doing fine. I'm talking about the article. He needs to try better.

Although, Nintendo's effort is Japan pretty much sucks as of late.

Well yea most mainstream media articles about anything are pretty much awful so that's expected. And yes Nintendo's effort has almost been nonexistent. But once again, if they can do that with nonexistence then what the hell are Sony and MS doing? Sure they'll give a run every now and then but nothing persistent. Usually it's been the 3rd parties helping them out.

Around the Network

LoL, even if Wii sells 0 hardware from now on, 50m is more than enough to consider a system as "successful"

having games like Zelda: 5m, SSBB: 8M, Mario Galaxy: 8m, Mario Kart: 15m, Wii Fit: 18m

even if all these titles stop selling right now, they are still successful, more than Killzone 2 or Gear of War or Fallout 3 or whatever, Wii is a success for Nintendo, and no stupid article can change it, i wonder if people writing these articles have a brain

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Zucas said:
Well yea most mainstream media articles about anything are pretty much awful so that's expected. And yes Nintendo's effort has almost been nonexistent. But once again, if they can do that with nonexistence then what the hell are Sony and MS doing? Sure they'll give a run every now and then but nothing persistent. Usually it's been the 3rd parties helping them out.

Well, they're run like hamsters in a wheel really.

They seem to be trying a lot more (getting developers to make big budget games) but nothing they can do can add up to a Wii Sports or Wii Fit.

outlawauron said:
Zucas said:

Well, they're run like hamsters in a wheel really.

They seem to be trying a lot more (getting developers to make big budget games) but nothing they can do can add up to a Wii Sports or Wii Fit.

Hmm possibly.  All I know is that whatever MS and Sony are going to do they might want to do it before Wii Sports Resort comes out.  Considering the Wii series, specicfially Wii Sports, has been the biggest series on Wii, if there was anything that could turn Wii around it is that in Japan.

I love how the author uses Deca Sports as an example.

Deca Sports was one of my gaming disappointments. It really is not very good. I was surprised there was a sequel. It shows that people will not buy something bad a second time around (compare Game Party to Game Party 2).

Meanwhile, everyone loved Wii Sports. It has be sold separately with 40 percent of the consoles in Japan (at that rate, it would be at 19.2M worldwide sales without being a pack-in). So the sequel should do better, especially since it is BUNDLED WITH HARDWARE.

I also love the sales numbers without attribution (and ignoring the fact that the PS3 had a little thing called FFXIII demo helping it and that the DS outsold everything).

There are sites and there are regions that don't like the Wii. This comes from both.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

these ppl who write these articles are a bunch of idoits and know absolutely nothing about the video game market or its game for that matter.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1